Contractual Deal Strategy Senior Manager - National_Office
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Enabling Senior Manager for Contractual Deal Strategy,
Contracting and Risk Support - Fulltime Role:
Deloitte Consulting LLP's Quality and Risk Management group is
seeking a Risk Manager with extensive experience in supporting deal
and contract structuring, drafting customized contractual
provisions and risk review, negotiations, operations, and
operational aspects of professional services contracts.
Responsibilities/Here is What You Will Do:
Deal Desk Support, Contracting and Negotiations
- Assist with deal desk and contract review activities. Supports
our sales team with deal and contract structuring,
RFI/RFP/Proposals, and contract review, drafting custom provisions
- Intersect with various functions including sales, legal,
finance and delivery to act as a strategic advisor to help manage
deal flow and to optimize sales and contracting cycles.
- Work closely with deal teams and legal in reviewing and
negotiating agreements such as master agreements, confidentiality
agreements and teaming agreements. Owns risk consultation and
contracting review of scope of work/SOW documents.
- Provide guidance on contracting and negotiation strategies.
Ensure cross-functional alignment through contracting
- Ensure that contracting requirements are met and handled in a
manner that is consistent with the Firm's policies, requirements,
and good business practices.
Ongoing and Post Execution Risk Management and Contracting
- Assist with ongoing contracting, risk management and mitigation
support for ongoing contracting requirements - SOWs, Change Orders,
amendments, and renewals.
- Facilitate continued compliance with contractually required
policies and processes and with the Firm's internal policies.
- Continue to collaborate with different functions to socialize
agreement/contractual requirements and business terms.
- Work actively with account leadership and quality team to
identify and help mitigate post-signature delivery and engagement
Knowledge Management and Training Support
- Maintain knowledge of core professional services (IT, Managed
Services, Outsourcing) and product offerings to continue supporting
contracting and risk matters in a fast paced constantly changing
- Work independently to manage contractual matters and risks and
be the trusted advisor on multiple accounts.
- Provide mentoring and training to Risk Management colleagues
and to a broader audience to enhance knowledge of and compliance
with firm's policies, templates and processes.
- Proactively pursue, assess and, where appropriate, advance
firm's initiatives including in the areas of software, cloud, data
analytics, operate services and privacy & security.
- Support strategic initiatives pertaining to
development/updating of processes, tools, and templates to improve
overall risk management and contracting practices and to help drive
adoption of such processes, tools, and templates.
Qualifications/What you will bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of professional services contracting
lifecycle with an emphasis on technology services
- Proven track record influencing diverse set of stakeholders and
driving common outcomes with a strong understanding of commercial
contracting processes, including terms and conditions
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, and
negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer
service and teamwork
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to prioritize
critical needs, act decisively, and handle a high volume of complex
tasks within a given timeframe
- Experience in writing and reviewing scope of work documents
with a focus on incorporating actionable and measurable guidance to
address specific risks around delivery execution
- Proven willingness to listen and learn, and a consistent record
of making and explaining appropriate decisions (even when this
leads to tough business discussions).
- Education: BBA/BA/BS in related field, Masters' Degree is
- Experience Requirements: Minimum 8-10 years of direct contract
negotiation for technology services. Technology delivery and
implementation services experience beneficial.
- Location: Flexible
- Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel
approximately 25%, flexibility required based on candidate location
Other Preferred Skills
- Industry Experience: Life Sciences and/or Health Care industry
with an understanding of the unique risks affecting this
- Experience in Consulting field or a professional
- Experience handling risk issues pertaining to a variety of
contracts such as operate and technology preferred agreements,
cloud agreements and software licensing agreements.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, now or at
anytime in the future.
Keywords: Deloitte, Atlanta , Contractual Deal Strategy Senior Manager - National_Office, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!