Senior Manager, Operations
Location: Stone Mountain
Posted on: January 17, 2022
About:Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more
than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of
their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and
celebration.Macy's gives our customers the ability to choose their
shopping experience - in our stores, on our site, and through our
app. Macy's global Supply Chain manages the end-to-end process of
getting products to our customers, no matter how they choose to
shop. We deliver high-quality products to our customers wherever
needed, whether in-store, curbside, or right at their doorstep.
Every colleague in Supply Chain plays a vital role in creating a
positive customer experience. This is an opportunity to build a
dynamic career across various disciplines in a field marked by
rapid change, challenge, and continuous innovation.Job
Overview:Macy's is looking for a talented individual to fill the
role of Senior Manager, Operations who coordinates and oversees the
day-to-day management within several departments. Manages the daily
activities and develops short and long term strategic planning of
the operations to ensure facility and organization goals/objectives
are achieved. Individual will perform other duties as
- Provide shift leadership to achieve functional departments KPI
goals and customer service level goals in part by ensuring
individual and department productivity rates and quality
expectations are met.
- Responsible for ensuring departments meet or exceed performance
requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control,
quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer
service and execution to plan.
- Manage and develop the team toward individual growth,
performance excellence, conduct performance reviews and ensure
colleague counseling and coaching is taking place.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization
opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a highly motivated team and positive work
culture that is successful and committed to superior customer
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast
data to determine department progress toward stated goals and
- Ensure all SOP's are adhered to and clearly understood,
ensuring the shift achieves and maintains a high level of inventory
accuracy and shortage control.
- Ensure consistent, thorough and timely communication to
subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Provide a safe work environment for staff; develops and
enforces safe/smart work practices and ensure compliance with
- Regular, dependable attendance &
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Proven operations leadership skills including leading a team
with a clear vision and strategy, results orientated, change
catalyst, and developing people.Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Mathematical
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and analytical skills.Reasoning Ability:
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry
understanding of warehouse management and supply chain/logistics
- Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to complex
problems in a fast paced environment.Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.Other
- Facility start-up experience preferred.
- Knowledge of date management tools. (Excel, Access, etc.)Work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and
Keywords: Macy's, Atlanta , Senior Manager, Operations, Executive , Stone Mountain, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!