Company: Summit Family YMCA
Posted on: November 23, 2021
As a thought-leader and best-in-class provider in education,
wellness, youth development, and community-building, The YMCA of
Metro Atlanta is one of the oldest, most nimble and essential
nonprofits in Atlanta. Mission-bound to serve, we are an
organization designed to meet all people where, how and when they
need us. In times of peace, we are a catalyst for connection; in
times of crisis, a source of comfort and security. Join us as we
carry out our commitment to positively impact lives and communities
across the state.
The opportunities to serve are vast, and we're looking for a
diverse mix of people, who share our values of CARING, HONESTY,
RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY, to join us and do their best work.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our
people, our members, and our partners. We are fully focused on
equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual
orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other
wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Under the direction of the After-School Program Director(s), the
Site Director is responsible for the day to day operation of the
Afterschool site. Planning and implementing activities for
elementary age children that builds upon the skills needed to be
successful in school. All decisions must be guided by Bright from
the Start and the YMCA standards. This position must perform duties
in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and
objectives established by the Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA, Branch
Strategic Plan, Safety Protocols Including COVID, and Member
Services Guidelines and Non-negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on
member service, program knowledge, member/staff safety, and
communication with members and staff.
Minimum Requirements :
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a minimum credential that meets BFTS Site
- Have prior experience working with school-age children in a
group setting. A licensed setting and supervision of staff in a
school-age setting is a plus.
- Have current evidence of successful completion of biennial
training in CPR/First Aid.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word,
Excel, and Power Point, as well as, internet technology platforms
such as Google Classroom and Zoom.
- Must receive a cleared GCIC/NCIC and a cleared Fingerprint
check through Bright From the Start before working. Annual GCIC
checks will be conducted before each school year begin.
Ongoing Responsibilities :
- Operate the program according to BFTS and YMCA policies and
- Create an environment that provides various activities and
instruction to support program goals.
- Conduct daily assessments of the program to ensure compliance
with YMCA and BFTS regulations.
- Supervise staff and communicate any concerns with the Program
- Maintain staff and student files to remain in compliance with
Bright From the Start and the YMCA.
- Compile attendance records and other pertinent information
required by the program.
- Coordinate supply orders with the Program Director.
- Attend BFTS , YMCA and other trainings as scheduled. Maintain
BFTS annual trainings hours.
- Consult with the Director(s) on concerns related to student(s)
development or behavior.
- Provide input into the planning and development of the
- Complete monthly self-assessments of the program.
- Perform other duties as related to the delivery of a quality
- Assist students with virtual learning assignments as required
by their school district.
- This position must perform duties in accordance with the
policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the
Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA, Branch Strategic Plan, Safety Protocols
Including COVID, and Member Services Guidelines and
Non-Negotiables. Emphasis will be placed on member service, program
knowledge, member/staff safety, and communication with members and
- Implements the YMCA safety protocol both related to COVID and
- Implement wellness checks and provide a leadership role in
ensuring member/staff adherence to the safety protocols, with a
commitment to positive member and staff safety.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission: Accepts and demonstrates YMCA values of caring, honesty,
respect and responsibility; demonstrates a desire to serve others
and fulfill community needs; recruits volunteers and supports
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different
backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions; builds rapport;
seeks first to understand others' point of view and remains calm;
speaks and writes effectively; takes initiative.
Operational Effectiveness: Strive to meet or exceed goals and
deliver a high-value experience for members; Makes sound judgments
and transfers knowledge from one situation to another; establishes
goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in
meetings; follows policies and procedures; strives for best
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development; demonstrates an openness
to change; is emotionally mature.
Effect on End Result:
Children and Families will experience a high-quality school-age
program. Children will be supervised at all times. The program will
remain in compliance at all times with the YMCA, and BFTS if at a
licensed facility, rules and regulations.
Bending, stooping, standing, sitting, lifting up to thirty pounds,
seeing, hearing, keyboard input.
Summit Family YMCA Associated topics: administrative support,
assist, associate, beverage, front office, operation, operational
support, operations director, records management, staff
Keywords: Summit Family YMCA, Atlanta , Afterschool Director, Executive , Newnan, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!