Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - Emergency Department (ED), Emergency Room (ER)
Company: WellStar Health System
Posted on: November 23, 2021
How would you like to work in a place where your contributions
and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion,
pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission
is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of
every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining
example of what's possible when the brightest professionals
dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare
industry, and in people's lives. Responsibilities The assistant
nurse manager is a registered professional nurse who provides
support and works in conjunction with the nurse manager of a
specific unit(s) or service. He/she is viewed as aspiring to be a
nurse manager and through this role to learn additional knowledge
and skills through experience and mentoring by the nurse manager
and the hospital/system. The assistant nurse manager must possess
very good skills in communication and teamwork and serve as a
mentor for others while learning the responsibilities of his/her
role. Together with the nurse manager, the assistant nurse manager
uses his/her knowledge and skills to promote the creation of a
center of excellence for staff recruitment and retention and
clinical and business outcomes. The assistant nurse manager upholds
the nurse manager---s direction and actively leads staff in the
performance of their daily activities and participates in their
performance reviews, as well as coaching and counseling as
appropriate.In collaboration with the nurse manager, holds staff
accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective
communication, observation, and the management and measurement of
specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes.
This key leader plays a significant role in assisting the nurse
manager in achieving clinical and financial goals along with
management of human/material resources as delegated. He/she also
plays a pivotal role in staff recruitment, mentoring and retention.
He/She models the way to foster teamwork and collaboration with
physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific
competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on
Professional Practice Model, 5 Star Nursing.It is expected that all
RN Assistant Nurse Managers are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold
the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional
Nurse Practice Act andimplements the Scope of Practice and Code of
Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a
member of the patient services team, it is expected the individual
upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures
while supporting service excellence goals. Job Requirements:
- 11p - 11a, Evenings, Full-TimeLocation:
- Atlanta Medical Center South - East
Point,--Georgia--30344Required Minimum Education:
- Must hold Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited
- Master---s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from
accredited nursing school.
- Incumbent team members in the position as of September 2011
must be enrolled in a BSN program with successful completion by
December 31, 2015.Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of
- BLS & ACLS from the American Heart Association.
- National certification in nursing administration
preferred.Required Minimum Experience:
- Three years of clinical experience required and additional
experience as a charge nurse or other nurse leader role
desirable.Required Minimum Skills:
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication
skills and relationship building;
- Desires to see progressive nursing management roles and
enjoys/seeks opportunities to coach and mentor others.
- Seeks to learn and demonstrate progressive skills in the
business of managing a patient care unit or service by obtaining
the commitment and productivity of nursing staff.
- Must be a continuous learner who seeks to better understands
health care financing;
- Strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and
effectively employ data and technology to support work processes
and make decisions.
- Supports shared governance or shared decision making;
- Manage the design and delivery of care that in based on
evidence and focused on quality and safety.
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude to achieve knowledge of risk
management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing
Keywords: WellStar Health System, Atlanta , Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) - Emergency Department (ED), Emergency Room (ER), Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!