Associate Director, Volunteerism
Company: United Way Of Greater Atlanta
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Position Type: Full Time Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services
Overview The Associate Director reports to the Sr. Director of
Volunteerism. The goal of the Volunteerism department is to connect
individual volunteers and stakeholders to the community via
impactful projects. By cultivating relationships and acting as an
"entry point", Volunteerism provides an opportunity for meaningful
engagement with existing and potential donors. Position Summary The
Associate Director develops and implements community and corporate
volunteer engagement. This includes managing community-wide
volunteer initiatives and projects, and customized corporate
engagement, focusing on impact and high value experiences for
volunteers. This role supports the goals of:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among volunteers, non-profit
agencies, corporate partners, donors, and prospective donors about
key issues related to Child Well-Being and how United Way and its
partners are collectively making progress.
- Bringing new potential donors into the pipeline, and
cultivating relationships with current donors.
- Building the capacity of the Volunteerism Team by increasing
the number of those engaging in the United Way brand through
impactful projects. Key Responsibilities
- Execute and manage simple turnkey volunteer projects for
corporations and community groups, which includes planning projects
from start to finish, as well as leading and interacting with
groups of volunteers, while providing excellence in all
- Support of larger and/or annual programming of the Volunteerism
team, including community-wide efforts, affinity group projects,
and large corporate Days or Weeks of Service.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and cultivation efforts,
including volunteer platforms and communications.
- Establish and develop relationships with schools and non-profit
agencies to develop continuous journey of engagement within United
Way of Greater Atlanta.
- Provide prompt response and assistance to corporate volunteers
inquiring about service opportunities
- Data management: capture, input and track all volunteer data in
data management software, hosting opportunities in the Galaxy
- Subject Matter Expert and ambassador to United Way.
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications & Expectations
- Bachelor's Degree required in social services, business,
non-profit management or related field or comparable work
experience. Master's Degree advantageous.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in volunteer management,
non-profit, or related work.
- Experience in planning and managing events, including
volunteers, logistics, budgets, and strategic alignment with
- Adept to managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to manage project budgets.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Windows, Microsoft
Office, Microsoft CRM, and volunteer management platforms a
- Projects may include extensive standing, walking, bending and
lifting of items 40+ pounds as well as exposure to elements. Work
hours may vary each week. Working with volunteers will require
frequent evening and weekend hours. Some warehouse work
- Employee must have their own car and be willing to transport
materials and interns to and from projects.
- Employee must have a reliable home internet connection.
- Proven project management skills - ability to track and
complete projects, while meeting deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create
- Proven ability to collaborate and be successful working with
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; must be
comfortable making public presentations and an agile story
- Resourceful problem-solver.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, to adapt, and be
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Keywords: United Way Of Greater Atlanta, Atlanta , Associate Director, Volunteerism, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!