Food & Beverage Technology & Innovation Manager
Company: The Carlisle Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
R&D Food & Beverage Technology & Innovation Manager Our
client is an industry leading probiotic & enzyme manufacturer! We
have been retained to find a talented R&D Food & Beverage
Technology and Innovation Manager! The Manager Food & Beverage
Innovation will be responsible for all inquiries and actions
pertaining to food and beverage applications. This versatile
position acts as both a food scientist in the lab and provides
technical support for food and beverage manufacturing from lab to
pilot plant to commercialization. This role will work closely with
our Commercial and Science & Technology teams to provide technical
leadership through direct interaction with customers, in-house
formulation, and serve as subject-matter-expert in how various
"biotics" work in Food and Beverage applications. Candidates must
be familiar with food processing/manufacturing processes to create
prototypes and help customers produce the final product, as well as
create methods for testing the actives in the food for label and
regulatory purposes. This role will be based in the greater Atlanta
- BS Degree in food science, biochemistry etc. and a minimum of 5
years of food application experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of the food and beverage
industry, with a focus on functional foods and nutritional
ingredients and how they are applied to formulations and during
- Utilize broad practical food science and manufacturing process
knowledge to position products into various applications.
- Ability to develop lab prototypes.
- Previous experience or sound understanding of
- Experience in providing expert technical advice to customer
with proven ability to translate complex technical information into
- Enjoy troubleshooting.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Power Point
- Must possess a valid driver's license Job Requirements: Key
- Works on internal lab projects 50% of the time and provides
technical support to customers 50% of the time.
- Apply fermentation and microbiology principles to food and
- Providing technical expertise and problem-solving support to
customers on how to best apply products as relates to use of
probiotics in various food and beverage applications.
- Lead product development projects on continuous improvement on
existing products. Will work with internal project teams,
consultants, and third-party developers.
- Create food recipe/blends to test viability and stability of
- Understand manufacturing processes for each application (may
require visiting food facilities).
- Lead, design, conduct and troubleshoot enumeration assay tests
and other traditional food analysis (water activity, moisture
content, pH, etc.) to support customers' needs and new application
- Conduct stability studies for established and new probiotic
products in various food and beverage applications by utilizing
aseptic technique to ensure sterility of all media, equipment, and
work areas, sample preparation, sample analysis, enumeration by CFU
plating and microscopy, calibration, and tracking.
- Help consult on sales tools, marketing materials from a
technical point of view, and reports for food and beverage-specific
applications. Key applications include: Fruit juices, Functional
shots and drinks, hot beverages such as coffee or tea, breakfast
items such as cereal and oatmeal, kids' snacks, snack bars, cereal
bars, dairy and non-dairy beverages such as yogurt/kefir/smoothies,
kombucha, frozen foods, etc.
- Prepare and present technical product presentations.
- Coordinate University/outside labs to use for application
- Improve and expand company's knowledge of new food
ingredients/technologies for new and existing markets as
- Collaborate with industry professionals to expand new food
application development opportunities.
- Travel: Roughly 25%
Keywords: The Carlisle Group, Atlanta , Food & Beverage Technology & Innovation Manager, Executive , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!