Executive Director - Finance
Company: Piedmont Healthcare
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
Shift/Schedule: Full-time Description JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for managing the hospital Finance department. This
includes, but is not limited to, leading the strategy and growth of
the various service lines, leading the financial management and
support of all service line strategic and operational initiatives,
overseeing and monitoring project accounting, business case
development, variance analysis, department level budgets,
measurement and tracking of new services, and labor analysis. Works
collaboratively with entity department leaders and other Finance
departments to develop and deliver management reports and
meaningful insights from data to further decision making KEY
1. Oversees overall business performance analyses, including
financial impacts of research trials, and decision support
activities and provides strategic financial insight to the hospital
2. Collaborates with PHC Financial Planning and Analysis and
Strategic Planning departments to prepare the annual capital and
operating budgets (entity and departmental level) in a manner
congruent with PHC and local strategic plans and operating goals.
Report on interim progress toward budgeted objectives on a regular
3. Leads the planning for operational changes as it relates to
capital projects, for example: MFP/Tower. This would include the
labor management, leadership growth/orientation needs, manages to
proforma volumes and EBA. Liaise between the construction program
manager (i.e. CBRE, BDR) and Corporate Finance on reconciliation
and tracking expenditures; reviews and process new contracts;
reviews and approves all expenditures for project.
4. Collaborates with shared functions and other departments on cash
control, physician inventory, tax filings (e.g. 990-T), cost report
workpaper development, and works to understand and resolve other
issues as needed (e.g. over/under accruals, prepaid needs, and
5. Works with PHC Strategic Planning and other departments to
produce the Georgia Annual Hospital Questionnaire (AHQ), and
Hospital Financial Survey (HFS), and other related submissions.
6. Liaises with physician accounting and the physician practices as
needed on physician practice subsidies, income guarantees, practice
startups/acquisitions, and etc. to help support information
sharing, communications, performance improvement, decision making
and other needs, as required.
7. Produces, distributes, and explains management reports and
analyses that relate to past activity, operational opportunities,
and strategic objectives. This includes standard format
Statements, concurrent month-to-date activity, ratio analysis, and
coordinating/reviewing departmental responsibility report
submissions. Analysis should include feedback of service line
results as needed, pro-forma projections of proposed decisions and
specific staffing and productivity data. The Hospital Finance
Director should produce analysis on an ad-hoc basis upon requests
and be proactive in bringing issues and opportunities to
8. Establishes ongoing communication and review with agreed upon
parties (e.g. CFO, departments, department leaders, and VPs) to
review performance and explore opportunities for improvement.
9. Translates system-wide operating strategies and key performance
indicators ("KPIs") into entity specific initiatives and uses
financial analysis to provide insightful interpretations for
10. Drives entity-wide Finance strategy and assists the hospital
CFO in making key decisions.
11. Assists hospital CFO with reviewing the methodology used by
Finance staff to evaluate internal and external business
opportunities and suggests alternatives.
12. Identifies and manages continuous process improvement
initiatives and drives strategic Finance initiatives.
13. Participates in performance management process including
performance evaluation, coaching, and development of direct
14. For entities that are still running legacy computer systems,
position may be responsible for a variety of tasks supportive of
broader financial and / or other needs.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
PAH Specific Functions
16. Abdominal (Liver, Kidney, Pancreas) Transplant Services
a. Understand complexities of Medicare cost-based reimbursement as
well as Commercial contracts
b. Produce routine profitability analysis
c. Understand UNOS guidelines and benchmarks to support cost
d. Support business needs of the service
17. Complex Cardiovascular Services (Heart Transplant, VAD, ECMO,
a. Have a working knowledge of services delivered and be able to
translate financial performance goals into operational
b. Understand complexities of reimbursement for these services
c. Support business needs of the service
18. Collaborate with and support PHI leadership for hospital
analytics and strategy
19. Ensures philanthropic funds (approximately 60 restricted funds
and 20 endowments) are disbursed appropriately.
20. Understanding of Research function - revenue, reimbursement and
integration with PAH operations.
21. Understanding of GME (Graduate Medical Education) program and
impact on operations and government reimbursement Requirements
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
A Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university in
Business Administration, Business Management, or business related
field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ten (10) years of progressive work experience in a Finance or
Business role, preferably in a multi-entity healthcare environment,
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
A Master's Degree in Business Administration, Hospital
Administration, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field, or
designation as a Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
-- Diversity & Inclusion At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse
ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace
where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences
and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work---
-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust,
workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont
one of Georgia's 10 best employers and the highest-ranked
Keywords: Piedmont Healthcare, Atlanta , Executive Director - Finance, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!