Strategic Sourcing Converting Manager
Company: Graphic Packaging International Spain SA
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Title: Strategic Sourcing Converting Manager Requisition ID:
11511-159 Location: Atlanta, GA, US, 30328 Category: Supply Chain,
Logistics and Procurement Travel: Up to 25% Pay Grade: 97 The
Manager Strategic Sourcing, Converting Capital, MRO, &
Manufacturing Services position requires the development of
effective sourcing strategies for the company's MRO, Services, and
Capital at the lowest total cost of ownership. This position is
responsible for creating a corporate wide planning, management, and
reporting program for the materials and services under management
for America's Converting. Routinely updates and presents to supply
chain leadership savings, capital and strategies including long
range planning projections. Will lead the cross functional team
including plant managers, operations, and Supply Chain legal
resources for material, service, capital contracts while ensuring
availability, service and quality needs are met. Develops,
implements, and administers policies, procedures and systems by
which the Company's supply base is managed. Proactively evaluates,
identifies and leads meaningful continuous improvement of the
procurement organization's policies, procedures and systems.
- Achieve year over year cost savings for converting materials
and services while maintaining surety of supply.
- Updates and presents inflation and savings assumptions for
forecasting and strategic planning.
- Establish & execute KPI's for delivered cost, inventory,
payment terms and cost reduction initiatives.
- Evaluates and analyzes procurement practices and implements
Best Demonstrated Practices. III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and leads a team of procurement professionals (buyers,
and managers, approximately 2 individuals) who manage approximately
$300 M in annual spend for MRO and Services as well as
approximately $100 M capital expenditures for over 50 North
American plants and future acquisitions.
- Responsible for management of large strategic capital
initiatives for America's Converting
- Establishes and develops the supply base to ensure availability
of quality materials and Services in a timely and cost effective
- Establishes criteria and strategy for negotiations with
- Follows the Strategic Procurement Initiative process to drive
purchased items towards common specifications and increase supplier
- Reviews analyst reports for data integrity and validity of
- Leads the development and implementation of a Supplier
- Communicate key strategies and market conditions s to business
- Ensures strategies are developed for all CTQ (critical to
- Leads the development of strategies for standardization and
total cost of ownership/differentiated service models.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting to Supply Chain finance
team regarding SPI and synergy projects, inflationary costs and
- Directs and manages team's synergy savings for
- Effective and frequent communication regarding project updates
to Supply Chain management including routine issues affecting the
- Carry out all policies and achieve objectives as directed by
the Vice President of Procurement.
- Other duties as assigned. Core Competency Requirements
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and
perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on
what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and pts the
trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder
accomplishing a goals; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Organizing: Can marshal resources (people, funding, material,
support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at
once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and
efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts; seeing them as
opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening;
can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can
find common ground and get corporation within minimum noise.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and
full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not
fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more
opportunities than others.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals
successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top
performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations
work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and
the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind
key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures
- Composure: Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or
irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be
counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle
stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show
frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed;
creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and
successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be
responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole
team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Communicates a compelling and
inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks
about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols
to really support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by
everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Energy and Drive
- Organizational Positioning
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills Other Requirements:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in supply chain, operations,
engineering, finance, accounting, economics, statistics or other
related field. MBA preferred.
- Experience: Min. of 5 years' experience in Procurement,
Operations, or Engineering & Maintenance Management
- Availability to travel 25-50%
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of
- Must have advanced computer skills including a significant
understanding of ERP (e.g., SAP, TM1, and Hyperion) systems.
- Ability to work independently and to supervise the work of
- Detail and multi-task oriented. Required Experience At Graphic
Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may
have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in
North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to
be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the
communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd
love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference. Graphic Packaging is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the
basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not
base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race,
color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national
origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability,
veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local,
state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Strategic Sourcing, Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain
Manager, Operations, Engineering, Technology, Strategy
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International Spain SA, Atlanta , Strategic Sourcing Converting Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!