Senior project manager - bridge/structural
Company: Mott MacDonald Group Limited
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Regular (US only) Full time Atlanta, GA Job Description Another
exciting opportunity at Mott MacDonald awaits for transportation
professionals in Georgia.
Locally, we are leading challenging projects and providing design
expertise on projects in Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, Florida
and Ohio. It's an exciting time for our industry in Atlanta. Come
and find your next career challenge here at Mott MacDonald!--Our
Atlanta, GA office is seeking a senior project manager,
specializing in bridges. Responsibilities of the position will
include, but may not be limited to:
- Leads and supervises a structural design group in Georgia
composed of engineers, CAD designers or technicians, and inspectors
for projects within the Southeast.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects,
weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost effective
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of
proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may include the
development of preliminary layout and/or final drawings.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site
conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Supervises and/or participates in quality control checks,
maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking
computations, and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings,
specifications engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior
professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of
preliminary and final plans. Provide coordination of project
execution and control to achieve continuity of purpose within
scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through
final design on Bridge projects.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees
the preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job
budgets. Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will have the
- 10-15+ years Bridge Design experience including major bridge
design on non-conventional structures, structures requiring ship
impact, railroad bridges, complex/high level vehicular bridge
- LRFD Certification Required.
- Education: BS or MS in engineering with a structural emphasis,
with MS preferred.
- Current Georgia P.E. License preferred or ability to obtain
within a reasonable amount of time.
- GDOT experience required familiarity with GDOT PDE process and
bridge inspection experience preferred.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required
for this position. Job Profile Here at Mott MacDonald, we are
experts in engineering, management, and development services
supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of
the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride
ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through
the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants.
Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our
sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built
Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our
organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and
practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the
diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive
work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version , Spanish
version , Chinese version .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability
status. Job Ref 47363BR Violet Ungemach Country United States
Region/State Georgia Bridges, Project programme and commercial
Keywords: Mott MacDonald Group Limited, Atlanta , Senior project manager - bridge/structural, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!