Director, Home Depot National Account Manager
Company: James Hardie
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Home Depot National Account Manager The Home
Depot--Director -has ownership of the full James Hardie product
portfolio (Interior & Exterior products) at The Home Depot. The
role requires strong strategic retail account management and
leadership skills to develop and execute tactics that will drive
mutual growth for James Hardie and The Home Depot. The role
requires a high level of coordination within James Hardie and our
largest retail partner (The Home Depot), including Marketing,
Inventory Planning, Field Sales and Operations to ensure that
account support reflects corporate strategy, goals and objectives
and meets/exceeds customer expectations. The role will lead a team
of 3 sales professionals with an opportunity for future team
expansion as we prove out our current operating model and further
define our long range strategic growth plan. The Home
Depot--Director - - reports to the Sr. Director, Retail & Interiors
and is a key contributor to the Retail & Interiors Management Team.
- The primary goal is to grow the Home Depot business through
best in class retail fundamentals and execution. Initial emphasis
on driving step change growth for the HardieBacker (interiors)
- Build strategic relationships at both corporate (merchant and
Director level) and regional operations management levels that
enables integrated partnerships. These strategic relationships must
pave the way for the organizations to work well together.
- Act as the lead Sr. National Account Manager for The Home Depot
with focus on the HardieBacker product line and management of the
exterior siding product line through a dedicated National Account
- Leverage and lead others in using forward looking category and
shopper insights to develop strategies that will drive predictable
and sustainable growth
- Understand key business metrics for both companies to be able
to deliver mutually beneficial tactical adjustments to deliver on
joint business plan targets
- Develop and utilize dashboards to track progress against key
metrics & is able to execute at the highest level within the retail
- Leverage data and relationships to identify both short and long
range risks and opportunities
- Develop sales team skills in retail fundamentals, business
insights, and 4 P's (product, pricing, placement, promotion)
- Strong peer to peer leadership with James Hardie finance,
marketing, product management, supply chain, and HR to drive full
cross functional execution and delivery against our strategy and
tactical initiatives to deliver it. Deveop and implement specific
business initiatives that allow for the effective and efficient
execution of James Hardie's broader organizational strategies both
individually and through dedicated THD team:
- Evaluating the Company's existing product plan and identifying
initiatives that will drive sales through retail channels
- Ensuring the James Hardie Value Proposition is understood
within our retail partners' businesses by shaping the Company's
strategy/message via communication to key customer leaders.
- Implementing Strategic Planning, joint revenue-generation
solutions and sales support programs with key customers.
- Ensure that JH management is engaged and has a strategic
relationship with the key Executive Managers at our retail
- Provide strategic oversight on changing/emerging trends within
retail organizations that have an impact on the larger JH
- Provides category management to retail businesses as it relates
to product assortments, merchandising, marketing, and business
trends in the James Hardie Product Portfolio. Communicates with all
levels of the JH organization, business partners, and customers to
research marketplace trends and initiate marketing plans by:
- Facilitating regular communication within the JH organization
to ensure that JH leadership is informed on current initiates and
providing a platform to address any ideas.
- Learning, understanding and communicating customer positions
and Retail Industry trends to determine how they would impact
Company products and strategies.
- Coordinating with the Company's support departments on
projects, issues, time-lines, roll-out, and materials
- Working with internal partners to clearly define projects and
ensuring that projects have a strong business case and are serving
a clear need.
- Field work with Regional Sales Leaders and local Regional
Account Managers in the execution of strategic initiatives
associated with retail accounts.
- Corresponding and partnering retail partners' marketing and
advertising teams to setup initiatives, events, and/or advertising
campaigns. Lead team to facilitate the day-to-day operations and
transactional aspects of doing business with retail accounts as it
pertains to the items listed below:
- Manage and delegate various reporting responsibilities of
retail internal process management systems within the JH
organization to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, sku
assortments, rebate agreements, logistics/distribution centers, and
- Ensure alignment of customer service operations and pricing to
all retail functions related to store operations, placing orders,
sales reporting, SKU maintenance, and the hierarchy within the
- Coordinate all corporate agreements to ensure they are signed,
stored, and transacted per the agreements throughout the year for
- Train/educate all JH support areas on retail partners' business
systems and procedures to ensure daily execution of all aspects of
business transactions Position Requirements Knowledge, Skills, and
- Leadership skills to guide team and broader organization
towards common goals.
- Demonstrated ability in complex customer negotiations.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to
effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated history of new product introduction with big
- Ability to offer advanced solutions based on collected,
summarized, and analyzed data.
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity and latitude in
identifying new projects, trends, and processes.
- Proven track record directing external resources to manage and
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and
services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work
effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
MBA a plus.
- Min 10 years of increasing experience in national retailer
strategic account management.
- 5 or more years of experience Leading/Managing others.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Account Manager, Manager,
Merchandising, Field Sales, Finance, Sales, Management, Retail
Keywords: James Hardie, Atlanta , Director, Home Depot National Account Manager, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!