Vice President of Major Giving
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Vice President of Major Giving is responsible for developing
and overseeing the execution of the overall strategy for
solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors
including foundations, corporations, and individuals. The Vice
President of Major Giving provides direct supervision to the
Director of Donor Relations. Responsibilities :
- Build and manage a portfolio of 75-100 qualified foundations,
corporations, and major gift donors and prospects, with the ability
to grow portfolio.
- Work with the Chief Advancement Officer to develop a robust
individual major giving program at COMPANY of Metro Atlanta.
- Proactive prospecting, relationship building and networking to
build portfolio and strengthen the pipeline of major gift donors
- Prepare written materials such as visit strategies/briefings,
correspondence, solicitation/proposals and pledge documents.
- Supervise the grants management process, regularly stewarding
institutional relationships as an active part of the
- Identify opportunities to grow a planned giving program.
- Handle other major gift responsibilities as needed.
- Work with Financial Development to actively research high-net
donors and identify those with potential for higher giving levels
by assessing, when possible, their giving potential, recommending
target "ask" amounts, and developing strategies for soliciting the
- Develop and actively monitor the portfolios of senior
leadership (Chief Advancement Officer and President & CEO)
- Work with the Director of Development Communications to develop
presentation materials, including background information on donors,
scripts and talking points, and gift proposals for meetings with
- Establish and ensure appropriate and meaningful donor
recognition and manage the stewardship process for individual
donors including appropriate acknowledgments and preparing pledge
documents when appropriate.
- Manage prospect donor management system that includes
information relating to major individuals donors, format for
preparation and timely filing of complete contact reports, and a
system for managing appropriate follow-up activities.
- Ensure proper handling of confidential donor and prospect
- Serve as a representative of the Y and the Financial
Development team in community events, presentation and meetings as
- Participates in other Y programs and activities as
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship
with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies and
- Effectively communicates, verbally and in writing, with both
internal and external individuals and/or businesses.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years major gift fundraising, 8-10 years
- Experience with donor management software and experience in
working with high net worth donors
- Experience in personal cultivation, solicitation, stewardship
and closing of major gifts at the five-figure and six-figure and
- Personal connectivity with major foundations and corporations
in the Atlanta community preferred.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, including ability
to listen, observe, and interact well with diverse individuals and
- Flexible, amiable, & willing to work as a team player
- Excellent, persuasive, and diplomatic communicator - in person,
over the phone, and in writing - with the ability to prepare
proposals, briefing materials, reports, and correspondence.
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills. Highly
creative/innovative with abilities to persuade and motivate
- Strong organizational skills with ability to analyze data and
information to drive strategic development of portfolio - includes
the evidenced ability to research donor database and historic
giving for major gifts potential.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently on complex donor
strategies. Effect On End Result : This position has a primary
impact on the overall effectiveness of the entire Association and
the success of programs and services to the community. The
effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by sound HR
function administration, the stated satisfaction of staff and
members and a sound fiscal position of those departments.
More Jobs Like This Job No. 646540
VP Industry Strategy Public Sector
Job No. 645739
Job No. 645150
SVP Patient Operations
Job Tools:Apply to This Job --Print this job
Share thisEmail this job to meSend this job to a colleagueYour
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Atlanta , Vice President of Major Giving, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!