Director, Customer Insights and Category Management
Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Director, Customer Insights and Category Management Location
Atlanta, Georgia, United States Position Title: Director, Customer
Insights & Category ManagementLocation: Atlanta, GAReports to:
Chief Customer Officer (near term), VP Sales Strategy Long
TermPosition Summary:The Director of Customer Insights & Category
Management is responsible for building the strategy, processes,
frameworks and tools that position Newell Brands as the category
expert and preferred advisor in the Consumer Durables and General
Merchandise categories with Newell's Retail customers. Key
department deliverables include building the Pan Newell customer
toolbox and leading the localization of Newell BU commercial
channel and customer strategies with top customers. This role also
leads the identification and sharing of Customer Insights and
Category Management Best Practices across Newell and manages key
strategic vendor relationships. The position is an active member of
the Pan Newell Sales Leadership Team (SLT) and will report into the
Chief Customer Officer.With the success of our company starting
with our people, in addition to having the prerequisite business
experience, functional skills and education - the Director of
Customer Insights and Category Management role will require a
strong, collaborative leader capable of delivering results while
simultaneously driving engagement and people development in a
highly collaborative manner across Newell's 8 Business
- Retail & Customer POV & Strategy
- Partners with VP of Sales Strategy and Sales Finance to
develop, maintain and provide a Retail marketplace and customer
point of view to internal cross-functional and BU partners to
inform future NWL customer strategy and investments.
- Newell Customer Segmentation. Leads the development of a Pan
NWL Customer Segmentation and framework that informs Pan NWL and BU
resource allocation to achieve growth and profitability
- Assesses business opportunities and risks, makes
recommendations using both quantitative and qualitative
- Commercial Planning & Category Playbooks
- Works with BU Customer Planning in the development of Category
- Leads local team in providing customer data and insights that
informs BU Sales & Customer Planning's understanding of customer
shopper, strategies and help identify mutual distribution,
shelving, merchandising, and pricing opportunities.
- Leads Category Management Team in localizing BU strategies and
tactics and supports sales in the sell in and execution of
- Teams support the monthly tracking of customer JBP scorecards
and proactively offers contingency recommendations that help ensure
delivery of JBP and NWL annual operating plans.
- Customer Toolbox-Customer Data, Insights & Tools Best
- Works closely with CSMI, Data, and Analytics teams to identify
and inventory Newell consumer and shopper research capabilities
needed to help deliver JBP and annual operating plans.
- Works closely with the Data and Analytics teams to develop
common score carding and minimize resource investment into
- Leads and manages strategic vendor relationships associated
with customer specific insights & tools (i.e. Kantar, Numerator,
1010, Market 6, 84:51, EYC).
- Establishes a regular forum of knowledge sharing across the BU
Category Management resources to share best practices and ensure a
contemporary approach to the market.
- Establishes a regular cadence to engage and share key insights
with top customers that help inform management of annual JBP and
identify opportunities for future joint value creation.
- Ensures teams meet customer contractual expectations around
Category Adviserships, while maximizing value for Newell associated
with advisor investments (people, data, tools, office space).
- Builds a Winning Culture
- Regularly communicates and cascades key corporate initiatives,
ensuring organizational alignment and employee engagement.
- Leads the talent and performance management of reporting staff,
while identifying and developing top-potential individuals who can
fill the succession planning needs of the company in the future.
Aligns the goals of team members with the needs of the team and
- Manages all financial and human resource deployment for
- Bachelors/University degree in Business Administration, MBA
- 10+ years sales, category management, Consumer & Shopper
Insights, channel/trade marketing experience in North America.
International experience/exposure is a plus.
- Prior experience leading the implementation and advancement of
company Insights and customer commercial planning capabilities.
Deep syndicated data and panel experience preferred (Nielsen, IRI,
- Selling experience within consumer products (CPG and
Hardlines), preferably across multiple brands
- Experience developing and managing budgets and leading large
teams with broad span of control
- Broad exposure to multiple retail classes of trade - Mass,
Club, Grocery, Specialty/Department, Dollar, Drug
- Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details with
deep understanding of syndicated consumption data and various
- Strong project management skills, self-motivated with a strong
work ethic and exceptional drive for results and the ability to
thrive in a fast-paced environment and lead cross-functional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able
to present data in an organized manner with advanced skills using
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Travel requirements vary based on company and customer
- Exceptional leader possessing strong cross-functional
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, complex,
matrix and fluid environment.
- Ability to influence decision-makers up and down two or more
levels, with and without direct authority, to ensure a
fully-aligned customer/company business plan.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capabilities,
develop strategy and drive execution.
- Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based
on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business
strategies and/or initiatives.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications,
database information sources, and web applications. Positive can-do
attitude - collaborative, team-oriented approach - diligent work
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
apply. Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Category Sales & Customer
Development Job Id 2005618 The Broker Operations Manager is
responsible for driving sales effectiveness and ROI of Newell's
third-party Food Broker organization. The BOM is also responsible
for facilitating communications to the... Location Atlanta,
Georgia, United States Category Sales & Customer Development Job Id
2005863 CHANNEL PLANNING AND EXECUTION -- Lead Line Review process
-- Understand business, brand, and customer priorities and uses the
line review and planning process to find common ground -- Drive
distribution... Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Category
Sales & Customer Development Job Id 2005621 The role of this job is
to assist the Senior Manager, Sales Operations with the development
and oversight of policies and procedures within the Sales/Customer
Planning teams and retail customers.... Location Bentonville,
Arkansas, United States Category Sales & Customer Development Job
Id 2003479 Summary: The National Account Manager (NAM) is
responsible for developing, executing and fostering a collaborative
business partnership between Newell Brands and assigned customers
that deliver volumes,... This leader is also responsible for
technical implementation and management of the end-to-end digital
applications, as well as for building the digital technology
roadmap and supporting the capability... Location Seattle,
Washington, United States Category Sales & Customer Development Job
Id 2005326 The Key Account Manager (KAM) position is responsible
for developing and executing a collaborative growth agenda between
Newell Brands and Amazon. Utilize leading edge data, information
systems, and metrics... Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and
applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship,
immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered
veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving
responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law. Click here
to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and additional EEO
Keywords: Newell Brands, Atlanta , Director, Customer Insights and Category Management, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!