Manager, Talent Management
Company: White Cap
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Serve as a
consultant to mid-level and senior leader across HD Supply to
optimize effectiveness of business initiatives, organization
design, individual and team performance, talent selection and
development, and retention. Leads the design and development of key
organization effectiveness projects, programs, policies and
processes. Hold full accountability for key OE area(s). Will
utilize the capabilities of the full OE team, but will be
self-managing in project execution, influencing others for resource
allocation and acceptance of direction. Proposes solutions to key
organizational issues. Serves as an ambassador to the field for
execution of enterprise-wide OE programs and processes. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Leads the process to bring functions/departments from one
structure to another ensuring alignment with HDS business model.
Designs, develops and manages the curriculum for 1 or more targeted
- Provides OE direction and support to the strategy teams for any
new business/process initiatives.
- Designs and develops specific OE programs and processes as
needed by the business to improve performance.
- Serves as support/coach for key Talent Management Processes.
Manages the internal Learning Management System (LMS) and has
oversight for identifying and implementing e-learning
- Serves as expert consultant to other members and leaders of the
HR community, providing sound guidance in areas that include
selection, assessment, measurement, evaluation, leadership, change,
- Assists other members of OE with projects. Provides guidance to
junior members of the team and direction to full-time or contract
resources as needed for project completion.
- Manages succession planning, management development and
performance management for functional groups. Provides tools and
facilitates meetings to ensure ongoing development and follow-up
including talent assessment and talent calibration for GSC and
- Trains, supervises and mentors Learning Specialists and/or
Contractors. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same
location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally there
may be a requirement to stoop or lift light material or equipment
(typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 5+ years work experience in the areas of Talent
Management, Talent Programs, Organizational Development, Talent
Assessment, and/or Change Management.
- Ability to provide expertise and support in the design,
development and execution of the performance management, talent
review and succession planning processes throughout the
- Ability to drive processes and partner with the HR Team and
business leaders on other projects as needed
- Demonstration of ability to be agile, build relationships,
influence and gain commitment of internal business partners and key
stakeholders with the ability to effectively provide consultative
services, guidance, drive change and produce results through
- Thought leader - continually thinks of new ways to improve all
things talent, including but not limited to: the employee
experience, key talent management practices, career development,
leadership development, continuous learning, and performance
- Able to lead facilitation and training on various HR and Talent
Management related initiatives, career planning discussions, survey
execution and analysis
- Able to create and manage project plans and communications to
support talent initiatives
- Management of external vendors to develop and implement talent
development initiatives that support the company's objectives
- Record of driving reporting and measurements of the
effectiveness of talent initiatives, including sharing insights
with relevant stakeholders and making adjustments as necessary
- Master's degree preferred PRID PRID163 Job Locations
US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 1 week ago (11/13/2020 8:59 AM) Job ID
2020-40434 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Human Resources Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White
Cap is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Atlanta , Manager, Talent Management, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!