Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager)
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 18, 2020
Company Overview Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) for
Multi-Family As a Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) with our
Multi-Family vertical, you will lead a team of 8 that are focused
on selling MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) supplies along
with other products to our customers in the apartment industry. The
territory will be East/Northeast Atlanta and surrounding areas. HD
Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest
industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a
broad range of products and value-add services to approximately
500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair
and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through
approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian
provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide
localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery,
will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and
innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for the sale
of products/services by prospecting new customers and enhancing
sales or services to existing accounts through direct field sales
representatives. This position requires operation of a Company
Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done
consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected
for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and implements sales plans to achieve sales
- Prepares regular and special reports reflecting activity and
results of the sales effort.
- Reviews inventory and sales records, develops merchandising
techniques, and coordinates sales promotions.
- Performs routine visits with our clients and must be able to
handle any disputes or problems that may arise.
- Trains and familiarizes new Sales Representatives with
established policies, practices, products and services.
- Trains sales associates in effective selling processes and
- Supervises associates including selection, training, coaching,
and mentoring to develop associates.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the organization; establishes relationships and
working partnerships with all levels of the organization. Nature
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company
policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level
professional associates. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
5+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Previous sales experience in similar industry preferred.
- Experience in business to business sales.
- Experience with sales techniques such as consultative
- Evaluating talent, building a team, coaching/mentoring a sales
- Large volume of product lines experience.
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical,
lighting, and more.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SalesForce, or similar CRM.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals. PRID PRID147 Job
Locations US-GA-Atlanta Posted Date 3 weeks ago (8/25/2020 9:22 AM)
Job ID 2020-38847 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional
Area Sales Remote Position? Yes Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 30339 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Atlanta , Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager), Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!