Posted on: May 24, 2020
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is
one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire
and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable,
metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire
products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies
assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition
reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven
decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our
determination to developing innovative systems and solutions,
exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of
our communities. How will you power what's possible?
Job Title: EHS Director
Department: Safety & Security Department
Location: Made To Order Plants (12 locations)
Report To: Vice President of Safety & Security
In support of Culture of Zero, the person assuming this position is
to coordinate all EHS activities for the MTO locations. Perform
day-to-day environmental, safety and health responsibilities to
comply with Southwire, regulatory and consensus standards. The
incumbent will act as a team member to the MTO Senior Staff,
Corporate EHS Staff, and ensure EHS is considered in all
appropriate business activities. Incumbent will lead the efforts to
implement an effective EHS management system to address risks
associated with the business; 12 MTO locations. In addition,
support the overall Corporate EHS strategies and initiatives, lead
an Injury Prevention Strategy initiative and perform other
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create synergy and support the Environmental Safety & Health
and OPS culture. Develop and monitor effective EHS management
strategies, provide recommendations and technical expertise on
- Provide direction and support to achieve zero recordable
incidents through behavioral based safety, injury free events
(IFEs), safety interactions, human performance principles, hazard
identification/elimination, work practice controls, employee
engagement and other company directive preventive safety
- Audit and monitor activities to ensure all safety and health
regulatory requirements are being met. Provide effective safety
communication and liaison support between employees, facility
management, and federal, state, & local regulatory agencies.
- Drive and execute a comprehensive multi-year strategy to
continue the companys drive toward zero injuries. This includes
safety, environmental, and occupational health and process safety.
The strategy focuses on both technical systems/standards,
leadership, behavioral, and cultural aspects.
- Ensure the construction, expansion and other production
operational changes have appropriate permits as required.
Coordinate resources to ensure EHS aspects and requirements,
including legal requirements.
- Coordinate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance
with regulatory requirements, Key Performance Measures (KPIs), TTIs
expectations, identify opportunities for improvement and provide
recommendations based on findings.
- Procure and maintain records, data, or information necessary to
prepare internal or external required reports, respond to agency
requests. Prepare and submit timely reports and responses to
- Facilitate incident investigations including root cause
analysis for corrective action. Train management, personnel on
incident investigations and proper documentation. Measure plant
performance, benchmarking against best in class manufacturing.
- Further develop, implement, and sustain a systemized
environmental, safety & health program that ensures the MTO
locations meets company standards and initiatives.
- Conducts required inspections of universal and hazardous waste
- Assist locations with waste management, waste streams, EPCRA,
storm water, and spill prevention
- Oversee and prepare the submission of environmental reports
such as, but not limited to air and water reports required by
- Support the MTO locations in the development and maintenance of
EHS systems, OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP), ISO and
- Annual Division EHS Plan
- EHS training plan that covers diverse needs for the
- Weekly Scorecard to monitor progress toward goals and
- Periodic reviews with Injury Prevention Strategy team on
- Lead annual EHS cross-audits, rapid events, and Kaizen events
regarding Culture of Zero
- Position will require travel to the 12 MTO locations
- Stay abreast of dynamic business conditions and ensure EHS
management systems are sufficient to maintain EHS values
- Act as an EHS coach and mentor for plant managers and EHS
- Must have good interpersonal astuteness and the ability to work
with various level of the organization.
- The incumbent will ensure EHS reporting, recordkeeping,
training, investigations of all incidents (SIF) and non-compliance
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, industrial safety or business
- 7-10 years experience in manufacturing, 7-10 years safety
experience in general industry and 5+ years of Environmental
efforts with waste management, EPCRA, storm water, spill
prevention, air, and waste streams.
- Requires effective communications (oral & written) both
internally and externally.
- Requires working effectively with other people and effective
team building skills.
- Requires effective planning and organizing skills.
- Requires effective computer skills including Microsoft Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Professional certification in safety desired.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire, Atlanta , Director, EHS, Executive , Carrollton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!