Manager, Student Services
Company: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Opportunity at a GlanceAt Chamberlain, we believe if we take
extraordinary care of our students, we will graduate extraordinary
nurses and healthcare professionals who can have a significant and
positive impact on healthcare around the world.
To that end, we offer our students support in all areas of
academics, finance, campus life and career services. We are
currently looking to fill the important role of Manager, Student
Services, who is responsible for managing the Student Services
Department or multiple Student Service teams, which may include,
student finance, academic advising, registrar services, campus life
and/or career services.
As the Manager, Student Service, you will provide training,
guidance and coaching to student services colleagues to meet team
objectives. This position may also assume responsibility for the
academic and financial advisement of a portfolio of students.
Exemplifying the TEACH values and fostering a culture of CARE
consistent with Chamberlain's mission, vision and purpose is
essential to this position.ResponsibilitiesIn this role, you
- Manage activities of student service colleagues to ensure that
all new and continuing students receive effective services from
in-scope functions. Depending on the location, in-scope functions
may include student finance and academic advising, registrar
services, career services and student life.
- Ensure all students receive a comprehensive academic and
financial plan of study
- Select, train, supervise and evaluate colleagues, which may
include student workers.
- Maintain student services department budget and supervise all
audits concerning Student Services workflows, including Federal
Work Study, and Title IV.
- Provide coaching and feedback to student services colleagues in
an effort to increase team efficiencies and team performance.
Ensure alignment with the TEACH values and Chamberlain Care.
- Handle all escalated student issues, including conducting
research, identifying solutions and bringing to satisfactory
resolution with student
- Collaborate with peers to analyze key metrics and student data
to identify trends and process improvements, with a focus on
at-risk students. Drive positive outreach to coach students around
managing challenges and successes.
- Develop, monitor and report on all student service functional
areas and implements systems to improve student satisfaction.
- Actively leverage relationships with Academics, Admissions, SF
Operations and other functional areas to deliver an optimal student
experience from inquiry through to graduation
- Lead or participate in student CARE initiatives and process
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Chamberlain Student
Finance programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of federal, state financial
aid guidelines and laws while ensuring that all staff members are
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are
the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge,
and skills required to competently perform in this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in related area required; Master's degree
- At least one year of management experience in Student
Personnel, Higher Education Administration or related area.
- Outstanding customer service skills with 3+ years of customer
service or related experience required
- Must have excellent communication skills, and communicate
effectively with individual's at all organizational levels as well
as with people of all cultures.
- PC skills and proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet,
and web-based search engines and applications required.
- Strong financial aid experience with specific knowhow in the
application of FERPA laws in a college/university environment and
in the application of federal regulations in the financial aid
- Working familiarity with the utilization of financial aid
software such as ProSAM.
- Academic counseling and/or student finance experience
- Experience with INS, ADA, VA, and teaching, desired.
ADT1EEOWe are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we
welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and
inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic
selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we
do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.Who We
AreChamberlain University's mission is to educate, empower and
embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of
people, families, communities, and nations. Chamberlain University
is an accredited institution comprised of the College of Nursing,
which offers a three-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
program and flexible post-licensure programs such as the RN to BSN
option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of
Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the
College of Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public
Health degree program. For the most updated accreditation
information, visit chamberlain.edu/accreditation.
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing
and healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in
communities across the country and around the world. Chamberlain
University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a
global education provider headquartered in the United States
Keywords: Chamberlain College of Nursing, Atlanta , Manager, Student Services, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!