Accounting Manager - Fixed Assets
Posted on: March 29, 2020
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for
ourclients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders,
Deloitte Globalsupports our network of member firms by developing
and driving global strategy,programs, and platforms, and creating
new solutions and transformationalexperiences. Our people share a
passion for igniting change and a strong serviceorientation that
shapes our organization and those it supports.
Work you'll do:
- Interaction with business leaders on a regular basis to
understand current year investment projects, assess areas of spend
that would qualify for capitalization, draw conclusions on IFRS
requirements and compliance and develop supporting audit
- Responsible for overseeing the recording, tracking, and
reporting of Global fixed assets across numerous legal entities
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to
the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly reports for Senior Leaders, providing
commentary and forecasted balances on all assets.
- Conduct periodic reviews of assets to investigate potential
obsolescence and make recommendations for fixed asset that should
be disposed of or impaired.
- Drive subject matter expertise in fixed asset accounting and
assist in development of policies and procedure.
- Uphold accounting policies and procedures and manage monthly
close process to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
Review all activities with a goal toward automation and process
- Work closely with the existing Global Finance and Accounting
team, Global Leaders, and member firms on projects and process
improvements, including assessing, designing and developing
technology-based enhancements to further support fixed asset
- Responsible for interacting with external auditors regarding
questions and testing of fixed assets.
- Lead a team of professionals in India with responsibility for
training, coaching and performance management.
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredibletangibleresults. And
Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering
those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our
global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and
lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the
importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We
want you to fit inwith an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit
and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we
also want you to stand outwith opportunities to have a strategic
impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering
the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
In Deloitte Global Operations, we make an impact by managing the
activities essential to running the organization including
technology, finance, security, communications and human resources.
We form the backbone of Deloitte Global.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in
investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at
every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your
unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and
informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and
on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances,
and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloittes Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment
to lead from the front in everything we do thats why we take pride
in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to
support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits,
competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your
efforts in making an impact that matters.
- --A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- --Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, establish trust,
identify needs, customize solutions and motivate teams to drive
operational and strategic priorities
- Can effectively present ideas and solutions in a logical and
articulate manner with the ability to work effectively with and
influence Senior Executives
- Outstanding research, analytics, and quantitative aptitude;
advanced attention to detail required for success in this role
- Ability to work and manage projects both independently and with
a larger team to achieve goals
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise judgment consistent with achieving
organizational goals and strategies
- Experience with business cycles of accounting, including:
treasury, accounts payable, account receivable, and general
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with external auditors preferred
- International experience preferred, either working with or for
an organization that had multinational operations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Proactive and results-oriented player who wants to help build a
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable law. Disclaimer: Nothing in this job
description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of
employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our
Careers site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards
we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our
current postings, please visit us at
Requisition code: D56283
Keywords: Deloitte, Atlanta , Accounting Manager - Fixed Assets, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!