Director, Domestic and International Distribution
Company: Graphic Packaging
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Director, Domestic and International Distribution
MISSION / SUMMARY:
Corporate real estate and network design expert to source & manage
all corporate real estate to include owned, leased and warehouse
operating agreements that meet all network delivery objectives.
Manage strategic alignment with all GPI business units to right
size all warehouse operations to meet current and future storage
requirements. Create three to five year forward looking strategy to
align the warehouse network infrastructure needs with a changing
real estate market. Also manage international logistics for the
corporation, including the sourcing of ocean freight from shipping
carriers, overseeing export loading operations at mills and ports
to enable timely shipments to international customers, developing
and implementing strategies to optimize international logistics
network, overseeing order entry and customer service function, and
ensuring compliance with US and international law for documents and
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Responsible for all facility lease & warehouse operator
contracts. Focus is on warehouse infrastructure (currently 115
sites; 4 million sq. feet; $50MM annual spend) as well as sales
offices and public warehouse facilities. Also manage approximately
$25MM of export-related logistics.
- Serve as the primary negotiating authority for the company on
all property lease & warehouse operating agreements to secure
better-than-market rates and an overall supply chain with low total
landed cost structure.
- Coordinates all projects with our contracted real estate
broker. Role is responsible for identifying and evaluating
alternate site locations & estimating annual market inflation.
- Leads regular business reviews with key supply partners.
- Work with business units and legal team to secure most
favorable contract terms through stage-gate contract process,
timely negotiations, payment terms and other considerations in
- Optimize the entire warehouse network and storage footprint.
The role is a stakeholder to the logistics and geographic strategy.
This role has the primary sourcing vote for site & operator
- Provide overall strategic leadership with all business units to
develop a forward looking long term strategy for warehouse
services. Provide strategic analysis to ensure that all divisional
requirements are met and aligned support is available.
- Evaluate domestic warehousing for mergers & acquisitions to
identify & realize synergies and develop cost reduction
- Collaborate with GPI IT to automate business unit reporting
within SAP and/or Qlikview to speed access to critical warehouse
metrics to drive data base inventory and warehouse decisions.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Finance to forecast warehousing
cost and to develop annual financial forecast for both warehousing
cost and/or capital requirements.
- Responsible for developing all warehouse Strategic Procurement
Initiative (SPI) cost reduction projects, development of project
charters, monthly reporting of savings, and savings outlook on
forward months using SPI Center internal systems.
- Manage the processing of import/export shipments via any mode
of transport from order entry to final destination or to whatever
degree is required. Seek to automate all processes.
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain appropriate optimization
tools to ensure the proper utilization of the international
commercial terms of sale (incoterms) most appropriate to the entire
- Utilize optimization tools to ensure implementation of best
practices for and by the global supply chain.
- Single point of contact for all GPI locations for the
development, implementation, and maintenance of strategic supply
chain and logistics plans and activities for international and
domestic operations that support it.
- Direct management and supervision of all GPI export
distribution centers and/or supporting warehouses to ensure
efficient and cost effective operations (eg. Savannah).
- Provide sufficient COFC/container equipment supply and protect
international service levels.
- Support all GPI transport to and from Canada and Mexico
insuring smooth transport and NAFTA compliance.
- Consistently review all U.S. Ports of loading to seek reduced
freight cost, other competitive port options and increased service
- Produce and maintain appropriate reporting dashboards and
scorecards for departmental value creation reporting.
- Negotiate all transport, ocean carrier and other
brokerage/agency, and other service contracts specific to the
global supply chain.
- Maintain a centralized file network for distribution data
maintenance and retention including but not limited to contractual,
regulatory, and compliance information.
- Create, implement, and maintain appropriate processes and
practices to ensure GPI maintains thorough and complete compliance
with all applicable domestic and foreign policies and regulations
governing the movement of cargo from and to the United States.
- 25% travel required
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 7-10 + years of supply chain operations, warehouse network
optimization, or transportation experience in a logistics
- Demonstrated leadership in regional distribution center
development and implementation
- Managerial experience is a plus
- Transportation Operations and Supply Chain Management
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong leadership skills, both with direct reports and ability
to lead others through influence.
- Organizational agility: know how to get things done in a large
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong systems aptitude and proficient in Microsoft Office
applications, with emphasis on Outlook, Word and Excel. Proficiency
in Microsoft Access. Logistics Management System background with
specific focus on warehousing and ocean freight.
- Advanced computer skills including a moderate understanding of
ERP and TMS applications (e.g., SAP, JDE, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- MBA a plus
- Ability to critically analyze and prepare reports, statements,
- Ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work involves confidential and sensitive information.
Discretion is essential.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail
orientation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while
working under pressure.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging, Atlanta , Director, Domestic and International Distribution, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!