Director of Global Strategic Sourcing
Company: Mayzo Inc.
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Mayzo is seeking a Director of Global Strategic Sourcing to join
our management team. In this individual contributor role, you will
develop and implement strategies for procuring chemical materials
to assure consistent quality, availability and delivery timeliness,
while minimizing risk and company resources.
This opportunity is located at our company headquarters in the
John's Creek, Georgia (North Atlanta) area. Office hours are 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Details of the job:
- Analyze current events, research reports, and trends to
identify any vulnerabilities or opportunities related to chemical
suppliers worldwide. Recommend adjustments to our sourcing strategy
to avoid risks or take advantage of opportunities.
- Maintain a comprehensive supplier database, including
prioritizing preferred sources by sku.
- Propose a master plan for how we allocate our order volume
- Develop a high-level schedule of order patterns, considering
suppliers' production capabilities as well as our customers'
- Analyze suppliers' capabilities and leverage manufacturing
potential to enhance our product offerings and capture market
- Participate on the New Product Development team, to gather
information about requirements for new chemical properties,
specifications, packaging and pricing. Identify potential
- Plan, manage and administer the process of acquiring suppliers
for new materials, or alternate suppliers for existing
- Visit potential suppliers to build relationships and assess
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers.
- Audit existing suppliers, provide feedback, and lead
- Participate in Sales & Operational Planning meetings to
anticipate changes in our demand.
- Coordinate all travel and meeting arrangements for visits of
Mayzo personnel to overseas suppliers. Arrange hospitality when
suppliers visit our office.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a Chemistry-related
field or International Business. Master of Business Administration
- At least 15 (fifteen) years of business experience, in a
Purchasing, Procurement, Sourcing or Product Management role.
- High organized, with proven project management skills.
- Excellent listening, communication and relationship development
- Superb research and analysis skills.
- Well-developed business acumen, foresight, and decision-making
- Strong influence management and persuasive abilities. Excellent
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience, comfort and finesse in a wide variety of cultural
situations. Unwavering professionalism.
- International travel experience, along with willingness to
travel overseas at least 2-3 times annually.
- Fluency in a foreign language, particularly Mandarin Chinese,
Korean or Hindi, would be a plus.
About Mayzo:Mayzo supplies private-label specialty chemical
additives to enhance customer operations in industries such as
tape, label, adhesive, coatings, paints, inks, and plastics. We are
a privately-owned company, in business for 33 years, with solid
financials and a desire for significant growth.
Keywords: Mayzo Inc., Atlanta , Director of Global Strategic Sourcing, Executive , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!