Company: QTS Data Centers
Posted on: August 17, 2019
The Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) Engineer is
responsible for the management and administration of the following
systems: Building Management systems (BMS), Electrical Power
Monitoring systems (EPMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
systems (SCADA), and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
systems (here on referred collectively as DCIM systems). Primary
responsibilities include oversight of installation, configuration,
implementation, integration and commissioning of DCIM systems
hardware and software products. The successful candidate must be
able to take initial direction from the DCIM Architect and Ashburn
Site Director and then use their technical and management skills to
implement, manage, and administer DCIM systems at multiple
RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned
- Ensure DCIM systems are operating as designed to protect the
data center, capture power usage, calculate available capacity, and
provide meaningful, timely alarms, notifications, and reports to
- Configuration of DCIM systems applications in support of new
data center deployments, new data requirements, and data center
- Prepare and maintain DCIM systems support documentation, test
plans, and change management records.
- Implement corporate policies procedures, and standards to
maximize the performance of systems, applications, and
- Maintain positive relationships and communication with staff,
management, and customers.
- Administer the QTS power provisioning, incident management, and
reporting processes for site.
- Coordinate field work as required including any necessary
- Work quickly and independently - applying analytical,
troubleshooting, and organizational skills- to support day-to-day
- Work closely with co-workers, maintenance personnel, project
managers, building managers, engineers, and contractors on
- Participate in on-call duty; to include providing off-hour
emergency support as needed.
- Lead maintenance and modification of controls on equipment to
facilitate more efficient operation.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other Quality
Technology Services facilities may be required.
- Five or more years of experience with critical monitoring and
control systems and support for critical facilities.
- In-depth experience with HVAC systems and the application of
BMS to these systems.
- Familiarity with central chilled water plant systems, Computer
Room Air Handling (CRAH) Units and facility operations.
- Familiarity with power distribution systems in a data center
environment or similar critical systems environment.
- Working knowledge of various BMS's and EPMS's such as
WonderWare, PowerLogic, Andover Continuum, Automated Logic etc.
- Degree in BSEE, BSME or other related Engineering degree.
- Experience with BAC-net, Modbus, TCP/IP configuration, SNMP
communication protocols, Active Directory security and Microsoft
- Understanding of basic power calculations on single and 3-phase
- Experience with configuring and operating SQL database
- Experience performing commissioning, qualification & change
control activities related to BMS including but not limited to
HVAC, chiller plants, domestic and process water systems, building
automation systems, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as
excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritizing, and teamwork
- Excellent coordination skills between multiple stakeholders,
third-party contractors, consultants and clients.
- Ability to read, interpret, and produce engineering documents
that may include: Control Drawings, Sequence of Operations, Bill of
Materials, Graphical User, Interface requirements, and Functional
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Keywords: QTS Data Centers, Atlanta , DCIM Engineer, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!