IP & SDN Pre-Sales Engineer CGSI
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you've
never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and
those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your
favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant
and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena,
another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the
underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our
doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G --- literally none of it would be
possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the
internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the
global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been
part of the critical infrastructure running within the most
advanced companies in the world.What will you do at Ciena?
The Ciena Government team (CGSI) is looking for a highly motivated
Systems Engineer to join as an IP Sales Engineer with software
virtualization skills. This position will focus on US Government
customer engagements relative to IP networking as well as software
automation and will be responsible for delivering Pre-Sales
The Ciena US Government team is building momentum in the Federal
Civilian and DOD market place with advanced ethernet solutions as
well as software solutions in the SDN and NFV space. This is a
technical sales role with focus on helping customers understand
Ciena technology through product presentations, proof of concepts
Must be located in the Washington D.C./Baltimore area
- Perform network and applications engineering for multiple CIENA
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of
CIENA networking products
- Proficient in use of Ciena Network design and modeling
- Consult with potential and current customers on application of
CIENA products for next generation architectures
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for Ciena
products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales
efforts of Ciena products Prepare complex design and applications
- Gain understanding of Salesforce/CPQ
- 30-50% travel required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Interact with customers on a daily basis working on deployment,
issues, etc - providing feedback into the larger Ciena team for
- Explaining product functionality to Customers ensuring they
fully understand how it benefits them in their network.
- Bring feedback back into Account/PLM/R&D community to help
improve product functionality in future releases.
- Provide updates on the execution and status of customer
- Travel to customers within US Government vertical.
- Ensure overall customer deployment plans and timelines are
driven to success and any limiting issues are successfully driven
through the Ciena team.
- Act as the customer advocate internally to Ciena and the Ciena
support person to the customer.
- Occasionally provide help to Product Verification teams as a
way to gain early familiarity with new product or
- Occasionally provide post-sales support.
Collaboration with stakeholders
Interface with sales group and product management/marketing to
develop and/or propose product enhancements to meet customer
- Although part of a larger group, the candidate must be
satisfied working in customer environment with limited other
on-site Ciena support.
- Candidates need to be technically strong with L2/L3 networking,
as well as SDN skills to include MDSO, NFV and other software
- Demonstrate working technical knowledge of Ethernet, Storage
Networking (Fibre Channel, FICON), Software Defined Networking,
Network Functions Virtualization, IP/MPLS, Encryption, WAN
Optimization, Firewall, Virtual Routing and Virtualization
- The successful candidate will need to enjoy working daily with
customers and have a "Customer First" attitude to their role.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter and self-manager with positive attitude.
- Team orientation, organized, and capable of independent
- Multitasking: able to manage many projects simultaneously, and
appropriately determine priorities.
- Acumen for problem solving.
- Ability to lead in an environment of change - flexibility,
creativity and patience.
- Ability to learn and grasp technical concepts related to
products being developed.
- Able to work effectively at all work and communicate at levels
within the Ciena workforce.
- A good understanding of Linux operating systems, VMware and
- Knowledgeable in OpenDaylight, ONOS, Python, TOSCA a plus.
- Experience with scripting and software development.
- Experience with APIs commonly found on network devices and
- Must be clearable, holding TS SCI a plus
- Technical Degree or BSEE preferred or relevant work
- 6-8 years telecommunications industry experience
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales focused account
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and
implementation of leading network technologies. That's what
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm.
Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its
employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality,
religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free
selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation
to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion
of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken
to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation
measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition
for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our
formal interview process
Keywords: CIENA, Atlanta , IP & SDN Pre-Sales Engineer CGSI, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!