Senior Principal DevOps Engineer, R&D
Company: Manhattan Associates
Posted on: June 20, 2019
MANHATTAN DESIGNS, BUILDS AND DELIVERS MARKET-LEADING SUPPLY CHAIN
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS FOR LEADING COMPANIES AROUND THE WORLD. WE
HELP DRIVE THE COMMERCE REVOLUTION WITH UNMATCHED INSIGHT AND
UNRIVALED TECHNOLOGY, CONNECTING FRONT-END REVENUE AND
RELATIONSHIPS WITH BACK-END EXECUTION AND EFFICIENCY OPTIMIZED ON A
COMMON TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM. THIS PLATFORM-BASED APPROACH IS
ENABLING LEADING COMPANIES ACROSS THE GLOBE TO PUSH POSSIBLE BY
GETTING CLOSER TO CUSTOMERS AND ACHIEVING REAL-WORLD RESULTS.
WHAT DRIVES US
We have 3 core philosophies that make up what we call the Manhattan
Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to FOCUS ON THE
CUSTOMER, SEIZE EVERY OPPORTUNITY, and NEVER SETTLE. With these
concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce
supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams
are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun! At Manhattan
Associates, your role would be unique and important as all our
employees are essential to building success with our clients and
our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named
consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan
Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by
investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates
product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of
the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors.
You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of
Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to
learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and
skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for
career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
IS THIS FOR ME?
* Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
* Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
* Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
* Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications
from the ground up?
* Do you write high quality, well-tested code with a passion for
automation; you don t like doing the same thing twice?
* Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into
code and constantly innovating?
WHAT\'S THE BIG PICTURE?
* Be a hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor,
but can lead a small team
* Can engineer different deployment approaches for microservices
architecture including on IaaS and PaaS providers, and on-premises
* Design and implement the best practices for release management
with continuous delivery
* Work on tools and processes to improve continuous integration,
automation, deployment and monitoring
* Build, manage, and maintain the deployment pipeline from
developer laptop to production.
* Respond to both systemic and latent production issues, perform
root cause analysis, and partner with software engineers across the
organization to identify and deploy fixes
WHAT \'S REQUIRED OF ME?
* BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or
Engineering background preferred
* 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist
* 5+ years of experience with one or more of Linux/Unix shell
* 2+ years of experience working with microservices
* 2+ years of experience working with Docker
* 2+ years of experience working with at least one of the container
orchestration mechanism such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or AWS
* 3+ years of experience working with deployment architecture (e.g.
deployment design, databases, caching strategies, queues, proxies,
load balancers, and messaging protocols)
* 2+ years of experience with one or more of AWS, Google Cloud or
* 3+ years of experience working with Git (Bitbucket is a plus)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability
to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
WHAT WOULD MAKE ME STAND OUT?
* Knowledge of deployment orchestration tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible,
* Strong knowledge of Python or Go
* Strong Linux administration skills
* Experience building sophisticated and highly automated
* Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE
SUPPLY CHAIN TECHNOLOGIES IN THE INDUSTRY. WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON
PROMOTING A CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES OPEN MINDS, FOSTERS SUPERIOR
COMMUNICATION AND CREATES OPPORTUNITY FOR GROWTH. WE ARE PROUDLY AN
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE,
COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL
ORIGIN, DISABILITY, OR STATUS AS A VETERAN. IN THE UNITED STATES,
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES PARTICIPATES IN THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY
VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-VERIFY) OPERATED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF
HOMELAND SECURITY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SOCIAL SECURITY
ADMINISTRATION. PARTICIPATION IN THE E-VERIFY PROGRAM ALLOWS
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES TO CONFIRM THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY OF ALL
NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES AFTER THE EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
FORM (FORM I-9) HAS BEEN COMPLETED.
Keywords: Manhattan Associates, Atlanta , Senior Principal DevOps Engineer, R&D, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!