Posted on: February 10, 2024
Description Join Transdev in Gwinnett and become a part of the
largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America
one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities
they serve.To view Transdev Purpose and how we make a difference
follow this link: Why Work with Us?
- Wage for this position $20.14 (not negotiable).
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance.
- Career advancement opportunities availableResponsibilities:
- Performs transit diesel vehicle maintenance that are compliant
with Transdev standards
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related mechanical equipment
- Ensures accurate upgrades and/or modifications on coach
systems, road calls, and on-the-road repairs as needed
- Coaches and monitors team members on the work
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- Maintenance experience with all types of heavy-duty transit
- For Mechanic C level: students -1-2 years ASE Certification
- Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake
endorsements preferred (We offer development opportunities for
obtaining your license)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read, interpret
safety documents, blueprints, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background and a drug test.Physical Requirements:
- Day shifts available.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.If you have any
questions, please contact us at About Transdev:Based near Chicago,
Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes
of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar,
paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being
the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through
quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company,
Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of
mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every
day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions upon
request.Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfmDrug free workplaceIf
based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in
US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check.
Keywords: Transdev, Atlanta , Mechanic C, Engineering , Canton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!