Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description The National Airspace Systems Integration Support
(NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Electronics Engineer to
provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Central Service Area - Engineering Services Group located in the
Eastern Service Area. Work locations can be in any of these four
cities: College Park GA, Jamaica NY, Burlington, MA or Nashua
NH.The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA
Enterprise Network Services (FENS) Program. FENS is the successor
to the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) contract, which
was implemented in 2002 to provide over 30,000 communications
services to more than 4,500 facilities within the National Airspace
System. The program aims to design, build, operate, and maintain
the FAA's next-generation communications platform and to build a
dynamic, highly available and secure enterprise network to support
all the agency's mission-critical applications across the NAS.Job
- Evaluate existing site surveys to develop scope of work for
site preparation requirements.
- Conduct site surveys at remote sites for FENS site preparation
- Draft site preparation scope of work for facilities based on
site survey reports and facility data.
- Identify FENS contract CLINs required to complete site
- Develop cost estimates for site preparation.
- Review contractor site prep proposals for accuracy and
compliance with scope of work
- Generate ORM PRP's for site preparation and installation of
- Work with SSC/TSC/AT to implement risk mitigations for FENS
- Coordinate and scheduled site preparation activities with
- Oversee site prep and installation work performed by FENS
- Generate periodic status reports.
- Update Corporate Work Plan (CWP) data.
- Update facility drawings (red lines) for draftingBasic
- Bachelors' Degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering and 4 -
8 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 2 - 6 years
of prior relevant experience or equivalent.
- Ability to travel 25%-50%.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability. (To be eligible
for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card
Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.Desired Qualifications:
- Proficient working with AutoCAD or similar tools.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire
Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR,
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12 Pay Range: Pay
Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00 The Leidos pay range for this job
level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Atlanta , Electronics Engineer, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!