Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Company: HOME DEPOT EMPLOYMENT MANAGEMENT
Posted on: September 19, 2023
The Senior Data Engineer will lead the approach and execution of
integrating new datasets that support analytics and data science
initiatives for Home Depot's Customer Experience organization. They
will combine, organize, and automate data sets from the contact
center, e-commerce, transactional, supply chain, and operational
sources. Furthermore, the role entails stitching and migrating
various customer-related data sources into Google BigQuery,
maintaining the data warehouse, designing and performing QA, and
providing ad-hoc reporting.
- 50% Design and develop robust, user friendly applications,
reports and dashboards using BI tools like Microstrategy and
- 25% Partner with leaders to identify needs and gather
requirements. Provide solutions by building tools, reports and
predictive models. Automate reporting as needed
- 25% Research and document best practices and standards for
using our BI tools. Provide insight on industry trends
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Position reports to Sr Manager or Manager, Online Business
- Position has no direct reports.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Expert in SQL (preferably BigQuery)
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Strong knowledge of Airflow
- Prior experience with data stitching process (the process of
combining data sets from different sources and devices to get deep
insights into customer behavior and journey - such as stitching
data from call centers to customer orders)
- Demonstrates strong ability in translating business needs into
technical specifications towards building BI solutions
- Prior experience in migrating data on a regular cadence from
one platform to another
- Prior experience in researching and analyzing company data to
support statistical analysis by the business
- Prior retail industry experience is preferred
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree
in a field of study related to the job.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Ability to lead and manage cross functionally
- Strong organizational, analytical and customer service
- Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible
attitude, independent and self-directed yet also team oriented
- Influential; practiced in negotiating with others in ways that
result in win-win outcomes.
Keywords: HOME DEPOT EMPLOYMENT MANAGEMENT, Atlanta , Senior Data Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!