Field Service Technician
Company: Prime Power Services, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Summary:The Field Service Technician performs services
such as preventative maintenance, inspection, site inspections,
general quoting and service required by PPSI on power generation
units in the field ranging from 50-2000 KW. - Meeting with
customers, promoting PPSI Services and provide exceptional service
for our customers is a key component of the job. Essential Duties
- Possess experience in troubleshooting Automatic Transfer
Switches, engine/generator control and excitation systems.
- This position works in a varied outside environment or at
customer sites. - The noise level in the work environment is
dependent on service location. Safety equipment and hearing
protection is provided.
- Proficient in both mechanical and electrical applications and
have knowledge in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair for
diesel and natural gas generator sets with their associated fuel
- Accurately submit, promote, and complete general quotes and
engineering quotes as needed for the customer base.
- Complete quality major and minor preventative maintenance,
inspection and minor repairs on power generation units, diesel
and/or natural gas, or gas engines, and Automatic Transfer Switches
(ATS) as scheduled.
- Communicates with sales, operations and customers regarding
service and service contract coverage, pricing, terms and
conditions and applicable policies.
- Responds to inquiries regarding new contract obligations and
- Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and
- Maintain clean, organized company issued vehicle, maintaining
proper documents and equipment.
- Act with integrity and provide outstanding service to customers
and coworkers building an environment of teamwork and positivity.
- Accurately complete and document work orders, service reports
and quotes as required.
- Responsible for reporting any violation or non-compliance with
company policies and procedures by Prime Power Services employees
or other business personnel, including sub-contractors.
Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, blueprints, schematics, and procedure manuals. -
Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of
- Ability work in ambient temperature and local weather
conditions. Precaution and training to heat, cold and noise are
required. Eye protection is often required.Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 3-5 years of working experience in the power generation
- Active, current driver's license.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- Pass criminal background check.
- Pass mandatory drug screening.
- Possibly up to 50% travel with overnight stay may be
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with
general supervision.Physical Requirements:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active
and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and
crouching. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move
items over 50 pounds.Other Requirements:Must hold a valid driver's
license and have a driving record showing zero felony convictions
and less than three (3) moving violations within the previous three
years. - -Prime Power Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. -All qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy,
veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service,
genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility,
matriculation or political affiliation, or other legally protected
status. Prime Power Services is committed to being a globally
inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized
for their individuality, promoted based on performance, and
encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in
understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every
individual at Prime Power Services has an ongoing responsibility to
respect and support a globally diverse environment. Prime Power
Services maintains a drug-free workplace. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Prime Power Services, Inc., Atlanta , Field Service Technician, Engineering , Austell, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...