MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Newnan WKND Shift)
Company: Dollar general
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. - by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
Ensures all machines and equipment are in working order.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoots and repairs lift trucks, pallet jacks and cat
fork trucks: hydraulics; motor and drive unit replacement; tire and
wheel replacement load position; basic programming for access 1
modules on rolling stock; change tanks, forks, and peddles;
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor system: repair electrical
and mechanical components; may troubleshoot Graphical Monitoring
System (GMS); troubleshoots and repairs sortview controller,
programmable logic controllers or RTS (pick-to-light system);
fabricates machine parts unavailable for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Operates equipment battery change equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on building such as minor plumbing
and electrical repairs (i.e., change light bulbs).
- Repairs racking.
- May operate scrubber/sweeper machine.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to operate: band saws, drill presses, hand tools,
vises, clamps, gear pullers, bearing pullers, lathes, volt amp
meters, calipers and rolling stock equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Competency to operate computers for sortview, RTC, HSM, VFD,
and RTS systems.
- Basic communication skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Fluency in Electricity 1 (Basic) and Electricity IV - motor
controls and AC / DC Electrical Controls.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions and
extreme heat and cold.
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious
- Fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to noise and heights.
- Fast-paced environment.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar general, Atlanta , MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Newnan WKND Shift), Engineering , Newnan, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!