Senior DevOps Engineer - Alpharetta, GA
Posted on: September 24, 2022
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and
communications services, transforming the way we connect across the
globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Senior DevOps Engineerwill be working along with a team of
software engineers (onshore and offshore) internally to address the
customer core issues and effectively collaborate across all of the
actors involved (call centers, delivering initiatives; management,
product management, UX, engineering, development operations and
architecture). Your work will help us to stay at the forefront of
technology and positively impact the customer experience. This role
offers strong personal and professional growth opportunities to the
- - Resolving the customer core issue and any service problems.
- - Supporting customers with major platform issues and
coordinating triage efforts to solve them.
- - Continuously analyzing current processes and practices and
- - Adhering to industry standards and best practices and
understanding emerging technologies and trends to continuously
improve the systems, application, infrastructure, and
- - Coordinating the activities of multiple software teams and
managing the dependencies between them, all in a lean
- - Using Lean kanban & Agile methodologies to track progress and
provide informed insight into projected completion dates for
- - Using strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership
and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and
- - Creating and presenting regular reports to senior
- - Communicating effectively with team members, senior leaders,
and the broader organization
- - Keeping senior management and key stakeholders informed on
escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or
Where you'll be working---
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that
includes work from home and assigned office days set by your
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- - Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- - Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- - Experience with Kafka, ZooKeeper,Amazon Web Services, Micro
Services, Java, Splunk, APM's (Appd/Dynatrace/X-Ray).
Even better if you have:
- - A degree.
- - Work experience in a production environment.
- - Experience programming in any language (for e.g C, C++, Java,
Python, Go, Perl, or Ruby etc.)
- - Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine
- - Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting
large-scale distributed systems.
- - Knowledge and experience in Agile/Lean kanban development
methodologies and managing complex projects in an Agile
environment, with experience in different SDLC methodologies.
- - Experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional
communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with
internal and external stakeholders.
- - Ability to think strategically when planning and processes.
- - Project management experience.
- - Experience to Oracle Application Integration Architecture,
Service Oriented Architecture, Order and Service Management, Oracle
Service Bus, Customer Relationship Management (Siebel), Hadoop,
Impala, Hue, Relational Databases (Oracle/MySQL/Postgres), NoSQL DB
(Cassandra, Elastic Search, Hbase , Solr).
- - Communication and customer service skills, which enable
successful collaboration with executive level stakeholders.
- - Skillful use of interpersonal skills and influence to
accomplish work without formal authority and to ensure optimal team
- - Sound judgment, problem solving, and collaboration in selecting
methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to problems
- - Ability to work effectively with cross-functional or
horizontally aligned teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Computer Systems Engineer, Location:
Woodstock, GA - 30189 , PL: 545196303
Keywords: Verizon, Atlanta , Senior DevOps Engineer - Alpharetta, GA, Engineering , Woodstock, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!