Division Program Engineer II
Company: WestRock Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING SERVICES
Purpose and Intent
- A diverse, multi-discipline team fully aligned and in support
of WestRock's Corrugated and Consumer Mill operations.
- Driven to maximize business results of WestRock's mill system
through collaboration with Mill Leadership and prioritization of
assessments, benchmarking, standard processes, and systems to apply
resources to the most impactful opportunities and results-based
- Process Optimization, Reliability, Engineering, Program
Management and Business Management Systems driving consistent,
data-based decision making to maximize value for WestRock and its
Business Management Systems
Who are we: A team that provides a broad spectrum of services and
tools to WestRock, Corrugated/Consumer Mills and the Engineering
and Manufacturing Services team.We focus on:
- Strategic capital development process, evaluation, and
- M&A / strategic initiatives project support
- Project cost & schedule services
- Management and administration of the Capital Management System
(CMS) and capital process.
- Development, administration and improvement of processes,
systems and tools.
- Facilitation of the connection to key stakeholders (Finance,
Accounting, IT, Procurement, Legal, etc.).
What is our Mission: Provide insights and direction to support our
play-to-win strategies by:
- Being a diverse team focused on process, systems, and tools
support for all EMS functions to create a seamless analytical &
- Development of resources through cross-functional sharing and
- Providing clarity through detailed analysis and a connection to
the business strategy and need.
- Being early adopters of new technology to advance the
development of our team and efficiency.
KEY SUPPORT AREA
The Division Program Engineering team is responsible for managing
programs that require asset implementation at multiple mills,
coordinating division-level initiatives for goal development and
process implementation that require cross-functional input, and
creating strong partnerships throughout the EMS team and the
company to support process standardization, tool development, data
analysis, strategy development, and internal communications.
* This role requires 25% travel per year *
The Division Program Engineer requires engineering experience
and/or education preferably within the paper industry. This
position will play a key role in scope management, planning,
facilitation, and execution for projects, programs and initiatives
in support of multiple groups (Maintenance & Reliability,
Electrical & Controls, Paper Machine, Power and Recovery, Pulp
-mill, etc.) across the Engineering and Manufacturing Services
(EMS) team. This includes developing and executing plans/schedules,
tracking progress from project creation through completion, and
assisting with execution and roll out. This is a hands-on role that
requires direct production of deliverables and alignment with
existing processes and procedures.
This position is initiated at a developmental level that focuses on
learning project controls related practices (planning, schedule
management, data analysis, tracking, reporting, etc.) in both a
mill and corporate environment, then progresses into facilitation
of initiatives that impact groups and workstreams across the
organization. An ideal candidate for this position brings an
experience with data analysis, attention to detail, passion for
optimization through systems and tools, a natural curiosity to
learn about the business, and the ability to communicate with a
diverse group of people.
- Support cultural improvement in safety, inclusion, and
engagement by serving as a role model for WestRock
- Promote and follow Company and Mill safe work practices and
- Support Corrugated and Consumer mill goals and guidelines.
EMS Team Support
- Work with EMS team and identified business leads to identify
opportunities for support
- Demonstrates sound judgment in ranking competing priorities by
developing metrics to measure impact of process improvements on
performance. Clearly define timelines for execution and escalates
roadblocks or issues to appropriate colleagues while demonstrating
root-cause analysis to uncover the source of issues to ensure
deadlines are met. Remains agile based on feedback to solutions and
quickly adapt methods and recommendations in real time.
- Engages with cross functional teams (Supply chain, IT, Finance,
Safety/Environmental, Sustainability, Operations, etc.) as needed
to gain support and insights on EMS team initiatives.
- Ensures solutions are in alignment with other EMS or WestRock
initiatives and any available WestRock tools.
- Support systems and analytics team with large data intensive
projects and initiatives through development of tracking tools and
processes for non-construction project work.
- Creation, Standardization, Training, and maintenance of
business project processes, tools, and templates.
- Strategic Projects Development support.
- Generation of cost and schedule documentation to support
strategic project efforts in conjunction with the Strategic
Investment Method (SIM).
- Oversight of external resources deployed on strategic projects
- Business Program/Initiative Facilitation.
- Support for large initiatives focused on continuous improvement
within the mills systems and in coordination with Operational
Excellence (Lean / Six-Sigma) techniques.
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required; engineering degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in engineering and/or process
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects and initiatives
from inception through completion
- High energy self-starter; must be flexible and able to take on
an initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both
as an individual and as part of a team
- Adaptability to change and able to respond quickly to changing
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
situations with limited standardization
- Ability to influence and shape work, progress, and processes
- Presentation skills that are effective in a variety of formal
- Focus on continuous improvement and process optimization
- Ability to prepare and interpret analytical reports and
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and
stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and people skills
- Understands how to break down work into process steps and
- Proficiency with Excel-VBA or Macros knowledge preferred
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint & Visio)
What We Offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability,
Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements
of the daily work.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We strive to create and
maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued,
respected, and included.WestRock does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Program management, project management, schedule, project
schedule, schedules, scheduling, scope, planning, execution,
capital projects, capital project, excel, Microsoft project, data,
data analytics, data analysis, analytics, data manipulation,
dashboards, reporting, forecasting, engineering, process
improvement, operational excellence, paper, containerboard,
paperboard, corrugated, converting, program engineer, program
Keywords: WestRock Company, Atlanta , Division Program Engineer II, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!