Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Ball Ground
Posted on: August 7, 2022
: CAIRE is a global engineering solutions and medical device
company providing leading oxygen related products to the Healthcare
and Industrial/Commercial markets. We support customers in over 100
countries and have operating facilities in the US, Germany, UK,
Italy, Japan and China. In 2018 CAIRE joined NGK/NTK, a global
industrial spark plug company with a growing healthcare and
environmental portfolio of products. CAIRE is a wholly owned
subsidiary of NGK/NTK but operates predominately as an independent
company with headquarters just north of Atlanta in Ball Ground, Ga.
Read more CAIRE news at . JOB DESCRIPTION The Manufacturing
Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation,
improvement, and support of the manufacturing processes for Caire.
The individual must be performance driven, hands on, have technical
understanding and organizational skills. Responsibilities include
but are not limited to process capability analysis, conducting
process qualifications and validations, tooling design, and process
cycle time/lean manufacturing. The Manufacturing Engineer will need
to have a working understanding of process characterization tools
and be able to leverage them across different technologies.?
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Evaluate production processes, analyze efficiencies, and
develop improvements to drive productivity.?
- Assess process capabilities and apply technical knowledge to
innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or
- Personally, conduct and/or supervise studies to determine
cause, effect and the corrective measures required to remedy
deviations that compromise desirable quality standards.?
- Interface with various departments in defining and providing
solutions to identified manufacturing processes contributing to
- Identify product assembly issues and work with production,
engineering, and maintenance to resolve issues and improve product
consistency and eliminate variance.?
- Independently analyzes and solves engineering problems?
- Troubleshoot production assembly and component issues, both
mechanical and electronic components.?
- Design, develop, and/or maintain new and existing fixture and
jig solutions that support daily production, promote error
proofing, ergonomics, and safety.??
- Develop and refine fabrication and assembly processes.
- Review and audit BOMs, work instructions, production
components/items, and employee activities to ensure they all adhere
to established standards.?
- Capable of making recommendations and managing capital
equipment project improvements?
- Manage multiple projects and product lines effectively.?
- Trains and/or provides work direction to operators and may
train manufacturing personnel when required?
- Monitor production processes and work with production personnel
to create standard work procedures, enhance flow, and implement
lean concepts throughout the plant.?
- Responsible for reviewing and auditing activities of the
production operators and supervisors on the production floor?
- Inform and orient employees to specific procedures, processes,
and objectives of operational departments, stressing and promoting
quality, safety, and company policies?
- Promotes improvement through problem solving techniques, 5S,
and other lean manufacturing processes.?
- Apply Lean and six sigma principles to production
- Work closely with team members to identify and eliminate waste
- Ensures proper documentation to satisfy quality systems
requirements. (e.g., BOM's, Routers, IQ/OQ/PQ, PFMEA's, etc.)?
- Plan and conduct process qualifications & validations.?
- Supports compliance with all international, federal, state, and
local regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to FDA,
ISO, OSHA and hazardous waste handling??
- Perform periodic final inspections at each production cell to
ensure product quality is aligned with company standards.?
- Collaborate with the design engineering group to ensure that
all aspects of new product introduction and changes to existing
products are properly communicated to production personnel.
Communicate the ECR/ TDD changes to production.?
- Key contributor into the NCR process??
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management?
- Lean manufacturing experience?
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills?
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills?
- Collaboration and communication efficiency??
- Project management?
- Problem solving and analysis?
- Business acumen?
- Teamwork orientation & leadership? Supervisory Responsibility
May have management responsibilities Work Environment This job
operates in a professional office environment and
manufacturing/distribution environment. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. This is largely a physically
active role. This would require the ability to lift, bend, or stand
as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel May require up to 10% travel. Some travel may be
international. Required Education and Experience
- B.S or M.S or equivalent in relevant engineering
- 5+ years manufacturing experience working within a regulated
- Must be detail-oriented, a team player and possess excellent
- Familiar with ISO 9001/13485 and GMP requirements.? Preferred
Education and Experience
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Manufacturing engineering experience a plus.??
- Experience in performing engineering duties with a "hands on"
- Effective at planning, organizing and executing tasks.?
- Formal lean six sigma training preferred.
Keywords: CAIRE, Atlanta , Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Ball Ground, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!