Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: Fluidra North America
Posted on: June 25, 2022
CMP / Fluidra is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join
our team in Newnan, GA.WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA CMP?CMP is a leader in
products for the recreational pool and spa industry. Innovative
products from CMP include sanitizer systems, white goods, LED
lighting, water features and accessories. CMP is committed to
creating solutions for pool and spa industry professionals. Spa
designers, pool builders, bath manufacturers and retail store
owners around the world depend on CMP products, service and
support. Following a recent acquisition by Fluidra, CMP now is part
of a leader in the global pool industry.We are guided by clear
values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission
in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By
staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our
stakeholders-customers, pool owners, investors and employees.WHAT
YOU WILL CONTRIBUTEDrive new product development and sustain
engineering efforts on existing products while meeting requirements
on product quality, cost and performance.Additionally, you
- Develop products based on new NPI projects defined by Product
- Adhere to new product development guidelines and stage gate
process for new product development.
- Generate preliminary concepts and ideas based on Product Line
Management specifications and aids with final concept selection for
- Lead the design for manufacturability and DFMEA discussions
with process and operations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert during the new product
- Interact with customers and quality to identify part deviations
and translates feedback into measurable data.
- Analyze data from other departments and customers to apply and
impact new product development.
- Drive and promote a culture to minimize part counts and provide
robust designs that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Drive product revisions, improvements and cost out activities
based on feedback from Quality and Sales on commercialized
- Actively communicates with Product Line Managers and
engineering teams in US and China on product development
- Interacts with the commercial team and customers to understand
market needs and converts voice of customer to product
- Understand cost of quality and impact on products from design
and manufacturing standpoint.
- Factor design for manufacturability, process overheads and
installation cost during the design process.
- Monitor and report project progress and development status
related product specifications to CMP Management.
- Review drawings, BOMs and process related documents based on
- Strive to improve processes and products as part of continuous
- Explore current Intellectual Property landscape related to new
product development, understand and communicate impact, and
identify potential opportunities to create new IP.
- Review packaging, labeling, and documentation requirements for
- Performs other duties as assigned.WHAT WE SEEK
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Engineering work experience designing and
developing new and sustaining products.
- Experience with stage-gate product development process
- 4-6 years of SolidWorks experience required.
- Experience with fluid mechanics is a plus, not required.
- Experience with injection molding and sheet metal part design.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with offshore engineering and manufacturing
teams a plus.In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes
its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding
principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty &
trust, customer collaboration, team work, learn and adapt,
excellence and Innovation.For a deeper dive into our corporate
culture, click here.
Keywords: Fluidra North America, Atlanta , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Newnan, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!