Company: The Whitley, A Luxury Collection
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Maintain all building related systems and the building envelop to
ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure
compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture,
preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard
Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all
Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as
energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save
- Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief
Engineer is not available.
- Understand all building related systems and equipment -
Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, HVACandR, Kitchen,
Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follow company preventative maintenance procedures and guidelines
for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds, landscaping, and
building envelop, etc.
- Maintain engineering related check book accounting procedures to
ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while
maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Effectively supervise, train, and assign tasks to and follow-up
with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Understand the engineering records and filing system to support
RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life
Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Monitor and maintain all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean,
organized, energy efficient manner.
- Tour hotel complex daily identifying items requiring engineering,
housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items,
trains all managers in these areas.
- Understand all Brands related issues and procedures; as well as
all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures
and is working to correct them.
- Basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
- Basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong
leader through-out hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Join Team Whitley! Located right in the heart of Buckhead with
convenient access to the highway and two Marta Train stations, the
Whitley has an awe-inspiring view of the city skyline. Gathering
together was Buckhead's original purpose, and this remains a focus
of our hotel so that we are able to provide a home away from home
for our guests. Our associates have access to many benefits such as
discounted parking and train passes, discounted dry cleaning,
complimentary meals and discounted spa services. In addition to all
of this, we invest in our associates by providing cross-training,
promotional opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Looking to
grow your career with the leading luxury hotel in the area? Come in
to see us today!We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Keywords: The Whitley, A Luxury Collection, Atlanta , Engineering Supervisor, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!