Platform Engineer I
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Primary Location: 3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 202202488At Cox, we're
forward-thinking innovators who put people first. Our award-winning
workplace culture is centered on inclusion and kindness, and we're
looking for people to join our mission to be a force for good in
the world. Come build a better future with us across automotive,
communications, the environment and more.We want to do everything
we can to keep our employees safe and healthy. Therefore, where
permitted by applicable law, you will need to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will
of course be considered.Keep reading to learn more about this
opportunity to join the Cox family of businesses.The Platform
Engineer is responsible for evangelizing and providing technical
expertise related to specific applications, helping to define
business requirements, designing and developing customizations,
conversions and interfaces. The Platform Engineer plays a role in
application analysis, design, configuration and support, providing
advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging technologies.Analysis
- Assists in the definition of end user requirements,
functionality specifications, and deliverables for specific
platform and provides estimates for work effort required.
- Designs new and modifies existing customizations, conversions
and interfaces as necessary.
- Designs dashboards, correlation rules, alerts and reports.
- Maintains all technical deliverables including technical design
specifications and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Works with software test engineers to provide testing
- Identifies single point of failure and operational gaps and
weaknesses and develops plans for remediation and
- Configures and tests specific platform software to meet
- Develops new and modifies existing customizations, conversions
- Creates dashboards, correlation rules, alerts and reports.
- Works with vendor, as necessary, on implementation
- Works with release engineers to deploy all changes to
production environment for assigned applications.
- Plans for and manages the upgrade cycle for the platform.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of
- Works with the vendor, as necessary, to provide Level 3
support. Advice and Guidance
- Actively works with less experienced platform engineers
providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Establishes standards for platform use in all environments
throughout the application lifecycle.
- Evangelizes the effective use of the platform and determines
when the platform should or should not be used as part of a
solution. Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up
to date on new platform technologies and best practices and shares
insights with others in the organization. Systems Design Ability
- Control system design practice within an enterprise or industry
- Influence industry-based models for the development of new
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies,
consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies,
standards and practices.Software Configuration Ability to:
- Ensure the availability of hardware, software, and resources
for the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or
more software products.
- Define configurations required for testing with reference to
agreed testing standards. System Integration Ability to:
- Establish standards and procedures across the technology
service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the
areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that
practitioners adhere to them. Application Support Ability to:
- Manage application enhancements to improve business
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent combination of industry related professional experience
- Working experience of analysis, design and programming
- Working experience of application lifecycle methodologies (e.g.
waterfall, agile, iterative)
- 0 - 2 years of working experience
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation
of software systems
- Working experience in specific platform technology
- Working experience with 3rd party software implementations and
3rd party integration.
- Working experience with specific platformscapabilities and
limitations and can clearlycommunicate those to customers
- Working experience with leading teams through cross-functional
projectsWho We AreAbout Cox AutomotiveTheres nothing ordinary about
Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our
passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community
outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars
easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five
continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to
propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members
work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue
Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at
industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.Benefits of working at Cox may
include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement
planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave,
flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on
what benefits you may be offered, .Cox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable
accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee
with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue
hardship. Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar
Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we
formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to
our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager,
or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Atlanta , Platform Engineer I, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!