Location: Peachtree City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharma and
healthcare industry. Since its foundation in Germany in 1864, the
publicly traded company now operates worldwide with 10,000
employees and generates revenue of ---1,4 billion. Gerresheimer's
product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products
for the safe and simple administration of medicines, i.e. insulin
pens, inhalers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, with
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North-and South
The Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing robust
part designs based on defined functional requirements for injection
molding processes and subsequent assembly processes. This includes
documenting the design process through Gerresheimer development
- 2D and 3D design & development of complex mechanical systems
with CAD software ProE Creo.
- Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop
- Investigate and select suitable materials / plastic resins for
- Provide tolerance analysis on new and existing product design
- Participation in process and design failure modes and effect
- Provides frequent and appropriate communications with all
internal and external customers.
- Stay current on core competencies and best practices in product
design and development.
- Ensures product development documentation and manufacturing
processes meet all Gerresheimer Quality system requirements.
- Apply statistical methods and FEA to estimate future
manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Identify initiatives to reduce or contain cost, improve
material flow, evaluate capacity and manage continuous improvement.
Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Able to work effectively cross culturally in a global acting
matrix organization (work with German headquarter & different
- BS Engineering, preferably Plastics Engineering or Mechanical
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in 3D part design in product
development, preferably in development of medical applications
and/or pharmaceutical primary packaging
- Experience in mechanical design of injection molded plastic
- Experience in development of complex mechanical systems and
methods for mass production.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process injection molding and high
speed assembly methods.
- Experience with risk management tools (e.g. FMEA), statistical
analysis, and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, drive for results, detail
orientation, change implementation skills, excellent written,
listening, and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to present information through use of programs
like Excel and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Gerresheimer, Atlanta , Design Engineer, Engineering , Peachtree City, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!