Junior DevOps Engineer
Company: Cobblestone Energy
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Cobblestone Energy is an independent trading firm. Founded in 2017,
we are part of the next generation of companies defining the future
of global commodity trading. Although we have experienced very
strong growth so far, we are still near the start of our journey.
We have ambitions to go a lot further.
Energy in one form or another is fundamental to almost all the
world's economic activities. By understanding the demand, supply,
and logistics of these commodities, we can better understand the
We specialise in the proprietary trading of the intraday and
short-term wholesaleelectricity markets across Europe. We make use
of advanced data analytics and extensive research to drive
profitable decision making, trading enough electricity every day to
power a small country and growing every day. Technology and risk
management form the backbone of our business.
- Lifelong learning with continuous reflection.
- Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas.
- The team is more important than the individual.
- Being the best in any market we enter.
- Hiring and keeping only the most effective people.
- Others must benefit from our existence.
At Cobblestone Energy we are on a mission to build the most
advanced European electricity trading and analytics platform, with
our technology being used by our teams of commercial traders to
create significant value. Being in the DevOps team, you will work
on exciting challenges that come with large-scale data processing,
automation, and analytics. We work in an agile and highly
collaborative environment and challenge the norms of traditional
business leadership. We are looking for enthusiastic and
resourceful engineers who are passionate about building highly
reliable and performancedata processing solutions. You want to help
the commercial team make data-informed decisions, have a curious
mindset, and are motivated to understand our business better.
Developing a strong domain knowledge of our industry over time is
key to long term success in this role.
This is a rare opportunity to take a leading role in the growth of
a major player in the European Electricity Markets. We are looking
for someone who would be committed to the long-term success of the
business. We operate in the European Energy markets, but our
commercial trading operations are in Dubai, UAE. This role begins
with 3-months onsite, after which you may choose between continuing
onsite, or working remotely. If working remotely, you may be
required to travel periodically to Dubai. Cobblestone Energy shall
handle all visa and paperwork issues on your behalf.
If you have excellent programming and DevOps skills, strong
problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing applications
utilizing cutting edge technologies, then we would like to meet
Job Location :
It can be in our Dubai office or remotely with periodic travel to
Jumeirah Business Centre 2, Cluster V, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
- Setup and integrate automated processes that help to maintain
and monitor our infrastructure
- Integrate CI and CD tools up to best standards
- Development of infrastructure as code, build corresponding
pipelines and deploy apps to AWS
- Document the corresponding infrastructure configurations &
deployments adhering to best practices
- Support other DevOps engineers in their tasks
- Optimize and Automate DevOps processes
- Troubleshoot and solve issues in testing, staging & production
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or
- At least 1 year of work experience in AWS environment services
- At least 1 year of work experience in Git versioning tool
- At least 1 year of work experience in SQL databases
- Professional AWS certification is a big plus
- Working experience in CI/CD tools
- Working experience in Linux environment
- Working experience in Docker containers & Docker images
- Working experience with bash scripting
- Working experience with Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge in Python Language
- Strong English communication skills
- Autonomous problem solver, with the ability to grasp concept
Some videos for your reference:
Who is Elexon? For the UK market, they are the system
Some general information about electricity trading arrangements in
Elexon sushi video. Tries to explain the balancing of the UK's
The videos above are UK centric, but our current interest is Europe
wide. Feel free to research the other markets. This is a longer
video that to me explains why there is such large opportunity going
forward for the electricity traders who are able to efficiently
analyse supply and demand fundamentals and move power between
countries, for the benefit of all.
Once Europe is conquered, we do genuinely intend on going global.
The American power markets look next on the plate, followed by the
Australian and Japanese.
Keywords: Cobblestone Energy, Atlanta , Junior DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!