Infrastructure Engineer III - Isilon
Company: Mohawk Industries, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
-------- Find your more with Mohawk! -- At Mohawk Industries,
we---re committed to more --- more customer solutions, more process
improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities
for our people. As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some
of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place
to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of
what---s important to you. Come find your ---more--- with Mohawk!
What we're looking for: Infrastructure Engineer will be primarily
responsible for designing and deploying next generation IT
infrastructure, while maintaining and optimizing the existing
enterprise IT Infrastructure. This person will also ensure ongoing
reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure and,
support the development of new strategies and system requirements.
What you'll do:
- Architect and implement solutions based on products like
PowerMax, VMAX, XtremIO, Unity, ScaleIO, VNX, Isilon and Pure
- Own architecture, design and implementation of Dell Isilon and
act as SME of the File storage platform.
- Work with vendors on deploying and configuration of new
instances of Isilon. --
- Perform day to day operations on Isilon as needed, and work
with users to address the requests. --
- Engage with Enterprise Network and Security team to understand
the networking and implement solutions along with the team.
- Responsible for developing Disaster Recovery strategies
(specifically for Isilon) and work with other teams within
organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests.
- Lead the troubleshooting efforts and work with vendors to
address/resolve issues within the SLA.
- Provide recommendations for better efficiencies, higher
availability and enhanced security, and implement them as per
internal ITIL processes.
- Responsible for migrating the legacy File storage platform
(Unity, VNX) to Isilon platform.
- Work with the teams within the organization to develop
short-term and long-term plans to proactively remediate any
- Perform basic and advanced activities on both Cisco MDS fabric
switches. Activities include configuration, firmware upgrades,
smart and traditional zoning, performance analysis and hardware
- Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements
to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and
present to senior management.
- Review and develop automation on storage related activities and
mentor other team members to do so. Experience in developing
scripts that would automate tasks.
- Excellent team player and mentor other team members as
required. Help other team members to succeed.
- Create documentation (like run books) for the developed
procedures and best practices.
- Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or
complex issues including but not limited to performance,
functionality issues etc.
- Handle tasks/projects independently and complete within given
timelines. What you need:
- Minimum of Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science, Information
Systems, Electrical and/or related field required
- At least 7+ years of experience in Infrastructure engineering
- Develop scripts to automate day to day tasks using PowerShell,
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Experience with working on Microsoft Distributed File System
- Expertise in File Storage Platform (Dell Isilon) architecture,
engineering and implementation. What will make you successful:
- Ability to articulate complex technical designs and terms to
business teams in simple terms.--
- Ability to analyze and optimize technical system solutions
- Experience planning and developing support processes and
adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability
to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of
- Demonstrated ability to advance project timelines and meet
- Ability to work with team across the board and achieve desired
- Ability to lift, shift simple and heavy devices as required and
perform cabling when required Mohawk Industries is a leading global
flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential
and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk---s vertically
integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide
competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic
tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our
industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies
that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all
remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among
the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean,
Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home,
Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has
transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into
the world---s largest flooring company with operations in
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New
Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is
an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don---t Work
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Inc., Atlanta , Infrastructure Engineer III - Isilon, Engineering , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!