Infrastructure and Security Engineer
Company: Kinsley Power Systems
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The network and security engineer is responsible for the
configuration, deployment, and management of information technology
security devices in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment. The security
engineer is responsible for monitoring, configuration changes,
accounts, and software updates for client IT security devices. The
security engineer must be able to analyze, troubleshoot, and
remediate issues with various IT security devices. The security
engineer will work closely with other teams to ensure the
availability and security of the client's enterprise. Key
- Constant monitoring of IT security devices to include
firewalls, intrusion detection/preventions (IDS/IPS), data loss
prevention (DLP), network access control (NAC), etc.
- Planning, deployment, and management of network security
- Implementing a robust change management system.
- Creation of technically detailed reports on firewall block
lists, device status, change management, hardware/software
upgrades, and other areas.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of
client issues. Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education,
professional training, or work experience.
- DOD 8570 Compliance: Security+ and the ability to quickly
attain the CEH certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years managing information technology
- If not currently possessed, the ability to quickly attain a
vendor specific IT Infrastructure certification such as ForeScout,
Symantec or BlueCoat.
- Knowledge in the following technologies: Firewalls, Data Loss
Prevention, VPN, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Network Scanning
and Compliance, Network Access control, and Advanced Persistent
- Experience in performing infrastructure support at an
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology
- People skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with
various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on
- Experience in IT security device management.
- Prior experience with IT security devices such as Check Point
Firewalls, Blue Coat Secure Web Gateway, Source Fire IDS/IPS,
Symantec DLP, Nessus, Juniper SSL-VPN, and Fore Scout (NAC).
- Experience with change control policy and procedures.
- An understanding of DOD information assurance policy and
regulations. Professional Skills/Required Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Kinsley Power Systems, Atlanta , Infrastructure and Security Engineer, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!