Senior Drainage Engineer - Transportation Infrastructure
Posted on: July 1, 2020
Senior Drainage Engineer - Transportation Infrastructure Parsons
is now hiring for an experienced Senior Civil Drainage Engineer to
support work on infrastructure projects that change the fabric of
our community. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined
with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward
with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our
Senior Drainage Engineer to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in
highly flexible, team oriented environment and who have exceptional
communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you
will work on a variety of transportation projects completing design
of drainage and hydraulic design, guiding less-experienced drainage
engineering staff, and assisting in engineering management tasks.
You will apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses which
may involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided
design) applications. Notably. this role requires experience in the
application of HEC-18 and related procedures for hydraulic modeling
and evaluation of scour at existing bridges.Responsibilities:
- Office review of scour-related bridge data in DOT bridge files
encompassing bridge plans, soil borings, bridge inspection reports,
hydraulic modeling, waterway cross-section surveys, scour
countermeasure designs, detour routes, scour monitoring plans and
- Conducts site visits for hydraulic design and bridge scour
assessments and documentation.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of current technology and
completed work utilizing hydraulic modeling software such as
HEC-RAS, SRH-2D, and RMA-2; Microstation, InRoads and other
pertinent drainage software applications as needed.
- Prepares technical reports, documentation, and other design
deliverables for active projects in the office. For scour projects
these reports may include scour field assessments, hydrologic and
hydraulic modeling, scour-related structural stability assessments,
Item 113 (scour critical) ratings, plans of action, scour
monitoring reports and scour countermeasure designs.
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important
engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extracts engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares
engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates,
surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings,
specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and
- Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as
well as other departments.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters,
Designers, and lower level Engineers working on the same
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the
professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all
applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel
on engineering related matters.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field) and 8+
years of related work experience in drainage design, hydraulics,
- Professional Engineer registration is required
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages
typically associated with engineering is required
- Specific knowledge of South Carolina and Georgia drainage and
hydraulics requirements is desired.
- Working knowledge of drainage and hydraulic software, including
PondPack, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster, HEC-RAS and HEC-18 scour
calculations, SRH-2D, RMA-2, and HY-8 is preferred._ Ready for
action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this
opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the
world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a
broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling
some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply
Keywords: Parsons, Atlanta , Senior Drainage Engineer - Transportation Infrastructure, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!