Posted on: March 28, 2020
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is
one of North Americas largest wire and cable producers. Southwire
and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable,
metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire
products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies
assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition
reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven
decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our
determination to developing innovative systems and solutions,
exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of
our communities. How will you power whats possible?
Job Posting Job Title:
Electrical Engineer Preferred Department:
Industrial Sales Location:
Carrollton, GA Report To:
Director of Engineering Pay Grade:
Summary The Electrical Engineer will support the Industrial
Division with the highest level of engineering know-how through
technical competency, industry field experience and responsiveness.
The Engineer will provide field engineer support to customers &
outside sales representatives. As a team member within the
Industrial group, this professional will manage multiple projects
simultaneously throughout various customer and internal
channels.Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to cable non-conformances. Investigate non-conformance,
gather information, determine root cause and provide
recommendation. Write a formal response.
- Provide professional engineering drawings on specialty
- Develop universal cable presentations to outside sales
- Provide outside and inside sales team with engineering support
from application, design and calculations.
- Provide calculations on: ampacity, voltage drop, short circuit,
cable pulling, cable impedance, etc.
- Support R&D in cable design, application and testing.
- Interpret standards and provide accurate information on listing
- Write periodic white papers. Give white paper presentations at
- Participate and become a member of professional societies such
as PCIC, ICC, NEC.
- Prepare and present engineering project takeoffs for budgeting
- Must work with contractors, engineers and end users to complete
- Must interact with plant management groups to determine best
practices and cost effective cable designs.
- Keep abreast on current trends and technology, and utilize this
- Travel to Southwire manufacturing plants and customer sites in
support of engineering collaboration.
- Research and review industry and journal publications to find
relevant technical information to assist with customer
- Extensive reading of codes and standard including NEC/NFPA, UL,
ICEA to master the knowledge on cable configuration of various
voltages, application and best uses.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering Preferred.
- PE license desirable.
- 0-5 years of experience in Power Distribution with emphasis in
cable design and application.
- 40% travel required.
- Adobe Illustrator, Filemaker, Excel, Powerpoint experience is a
- Strong computer skills, some knowledge of basic programing
- Must have extremely strong analytical and management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities along
with outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire, Atlanta , Application Engineer, Engineering , Carrollton, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!