Lead Data Engineer
Posted on: December 5, 2019
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy, made up of around
7,000 passionate technologists across 14 countries. We specialize
in strategy, portfolio management and product design, combined with
digital engineering excellence.
As a Lead Data Engineer, here's what we'll be looking for you to
- Hands-on Engineering Leadership
- Proven track record of Innovation and expertise in Data
- Tenure in coding, architecting and delivering complex
- Deep understanding and application of modern data processing
technology stacks. For example Spark, Hadoop ecosystem
technologies, and others
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and
technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
- Deep understanding of NoSQL technologies including column
family, graph, document, and key-value data storage
- Understanding of how to architect solutions for data science
and analytics such as productionizing machine learning models and
collaborating with data scientists
- Understanding of agile development methods including: core
values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous
- Passion for software craftsmanship
- A rich breadth of industry experience and background working
across different organizations, ranging in size, from start-ups to
- Strong stakeholder management and interaction experience at
There's no typical day or engagement for our Senior Data Engineers.
Here's what you'll do:
- Be the SME. Develop modern data architectural approaches to
meet key business objectives and provide end to end data
- You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep
technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them
to understand the potential that data brings to solve their most
- On other projects, you might be acting as the architect,
leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a
program inception to build a new product.
- It could be much more about getting stuck into a delivery
project where you're equally happy coding and tech leading the team
to implement the solution.
- Whatever your role, the team always look to draw on your
experience when things get tough and you often handle the difficult
client conversations allowing the team to continue delivering
without undue pressure.
- You have great relationships with our new business team and
work collaboratively to support pre-sales, meet prospective clients
and ultimately influence and shape our portfolio of work.
- You recognize that building your network with a client is
absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role. You'll be
drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on experience
and knowledge of latest Big Data and Engineering best practices to
help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates
should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require
H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn't the right role for
you? That's OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our
learning community (click "contact me about recruitment
opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work
environment free of discrimination. The Company will take
affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees
are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender,
national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family
or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual
orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also
includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the
aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal,
state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Keywords: ThoughtWorks, Atlanta , Lead Data Engineer, Engineering , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!