(GCA) Special Education Lead Teacher (LIFE)
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Requisition Number 19-2279 Title (GCA) Special Education Lead
Teacher (LIFE) City Atlanta State GA Description
[GCA] Special Education Lead Teacher (LIFE)
INSPIRE THE FUTUREK12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide
the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education
available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization
that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be
They have a passion for education and a drive to make a
The mission of Georgia Cyber Academy is to provide an exemplary
individualized and engaging educational experience for students by
incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with
a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and
instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and
reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and
continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join
The Special Education Lead Teacher (LIFE) role assumes indirect
responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of appropriate
curriculum, IEP compliance, and specialized instructional
strategies. The Lead Teacher monitors special education
and acts as model teacher and coach to help support quality
classroom instruction. The Lead Teacher is a state certified
teacher who assists with oversight of special education compliance,
data collection, and program implementation. Additionally, the
Teacher supports the activities of the school leadership team;
managing and/or mentoring teachers and supporting school-based
AS Special Education Lead Teacher (LIFE) , YOU WILL ENJOY...
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:. The below statements are intended to describe
the general nature and scope of work being performed by this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Supports classroom instruction through monitoring, observation,
model teaching and coaching.
- Monitors provision of special education services, to
- Preview of content materials, bi-weekly classroom observation
- Review of student achievement data and its integration into
instructional practice (DDI).
- Oversight of caseload compliance and impending case-manager
- Develop teacher checklists, trackers, and daily task reminders
as part of coaching efforts.
- Facilitate regularly occurring 1-1 meetings with special
- Monitor presence of required team members at special education
- Work with stakeholders to insure fidelity of implementation of
curriculum and assessments.
- Serve as Local Education Agency representative in special
- Monitor completion of teacher grading, data collection, and
- Evaluate implementation of specialized instructional
- Supports the analysis of student data and provides feedback on
strategies, services, and compliance.
- Review and assess the compliance of special education documents
(e.g. IEP, BIP, eligibility reports)
- Meet with Assistant Principal, Special Education, to review
progress, needs, and program implementation.
- Act as first-level support for new hires.
- Provide course coverage, caseload support, and manage teacher
tasks as needed due to special education staff vacancies or
- Act as 1st point of escalation for student, parent, and teacher
- Facilitate collaboration between special education and general
- Communicate student schedule needs and/or changes to the
assigned school Counselor.
- Respond to direct requests for information from the district
Department of Special Education.
- Support compliance with all district, state, and federal
guidelines and requirements.
- Conducts and/or facilitates IEPs, as required; attends all
appropriate special education meetings (i.e. Promotion/Retention,
Initial Eligibility, high profile meetings).Supervisory
Responsibilities:Support and monitor a team of 8-10 teachers. Carry
out observation and coaching duties and inform administration of
compliance with TKES evaluation requirements. Responsibilities
include training, coaching, and monitoring
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Get to know (GCA) !
- Georgia Cyber Academy
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and
guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students'
individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a
comprehensive new teacher training program for
three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to
meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for
delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this
training you will also learn how to monitor student progress
learning management system, and to be a partner actively working
with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
- Bachelor's degree in special education or related field
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience including
services to students with disabilities, OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Special Education Adapted Curriculum
certificationOther Required Qualifications
- Attend all required school outings and staff meetings
(Leadership, DDI, Staff, Department, PLC, etc.).
- Attend all required Professional Development sessions,
trainings, and conferences.
- Participate in Milestones assessment training and
- Attend district Special Education trainings and meetings.
- Knowledge of the Georgia Performance Standards and GADOE
- Ability to read data and determine what steps are needed to
assist students academically.
- Ability to adapt learning plans to meet different needs and
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to learn
specific student management system(s)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for work as may be
required for training, professional development, meetings, etc.
- Ability to pass required background check.
- Teacher supervision or leadership experience
- Customer service experience, especially supporting adults and
children in the use of technology
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools
- Proficient in principles, theories, practices, methods and
techniques used in curriculum development and classroom instruction
for special needs students
- Experience teaching in both online and in a brick-and-mortar
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
to perform the essential functions.
- This home-based position requires travel up to 25% of the
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties
and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by
their supervisor. All employment is "at-will"
as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is
further understood that the "at-will" nature of employment is one
aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and
signed by an authorized officer.
WHO ARE WE?
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or genetics.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Keywords: K12, Atlanta , (GCA) Special Education Lead Teacher (LIFE), Education / Teaching , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!