Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Small Animal Surgery
Company: Adtalem Global Education Inc
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Company DescriptionAbout Chamberlain UniversityChamberlain
University has a 130-year history with the mission to educate,
empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance
the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We're
99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with
the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in
today's complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care,
we've built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and
we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform
the health of people worldwide.Veterinarians are positioned at the
interface of human, animal, and ecological interacitions that
results in global impacts on one-health. They are academically and
clinically prepared to practice population and individual medicine
that ultimately affects the public health. Veterinarians are
fundamental to the comparative medicine and the One-Health
Adtalem believes in a culture of collaboration, creativity, and
innovation, which thrives when we can work flexibly. Depending on
your location, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- HYBRID - If you reside within 50 miles of Adtalem offices in
Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and
Miramar, FL this role is hybrid, requiring office presence three
days a week (Tue, Wed, Thu), with the rest of the workweek spent
working from home.
- REMOTE - If you live over 50 miles from Adtalem offices in
Chicago, IL, Addison, IL, Columbia, MD, Minneapolis, MN, and
Miramar, FL, this role is remote. However, occasional office visits
may be required based on business needs, with advance communication
for such requests.Job DescriptionOpportunity at a GlanceChamberlain
University is excited to be developing a Doctor of Veterinary
Medicine degree program and is seeking talented individuals to join
our inaugural faculty. The DVM Faculty will be responsible for
developing / delivering courses for the DVM program and promoting
the mission of Chamberlain University to raise the standard of
healthcare outcomes in communities across the country and around
the world and contributing to maintaining a "culture of care"
within the college community. This position provides the
educational focus of professional training and learning (classroom,
clinical and other learning environments) as well as service to the
college, community, health system, the veterinary profession, and
society through scholarly activities.*This is a full-time faculty
role with the expectation of teaching four days per week and one
day per week in continuing clinical practice.Essential Duties and
- Take responsibility for program outcomes by implementing the
College's philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through
classroom, online, or clinical teaching, and service to College,
community, health system and profession.
- Participate in didactic and clinical curriculum planning,
coordination, implementation, and evaluation.
- Participate as either a "course coordinator" and/or a "team
instructor" for courses assigned and assume responsibility for all
autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads as well as shared
- Provides documented feedback to students on level of
performance based on course outcomes.
- Provide student advising and counseling.
- Correct and return homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments,
clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Work with college administration, course coordinator, staff,
and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the
college and student satisfaction rates.
- Provide student remediation within assigned courses.
- Assist in the management of data bases and evaluation of data
associated with the educational program as related to but not
- students didactic and clinical performance throughout the
- faculty performance and course evaluations (didactic and
- students' performance on national exams
- demographics of applicant pool
- graduate employment status and practice characteristics of
- facilities, faculty and resources
- Participate in the review and revision of program mission,
academic policies and procedures as needed.
- Participate in the admissions process that includes
recruitment, application screening and selection of
students.Professional Role Model/ Chamberlain University Care
- Serve as a positive professional role model for students,
assisting in their professional/social development.
- Serve as an informal leader, mentor, and role model for other
faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration,
communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Mentor new faculty members.
- Participate in the implementation of the College Assessment
Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus
policies.Commitment to the healthcare profession
- Participate in activities of state, regional and national
organizations concerned with the profession to promote a positive
image of veterinarians within the academic, lay, and professional
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of
the programs and the philosophy of the University.
- Participate in academic advisement and counseling for an
assigned group of students while participating in assessment of
potential and real counseling concerns for all students with whom
the faculty come into contact.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of student
admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within
- Provide recommendations to the program leader regarding
budgetary needs for the University.A faculty member at the rank of
Assistant Professor demonstrates significant leadership within the
University by accepting or initiating, as part of the workload,
responsibility for activities such as:
- Chairing or serving on University committees
- Chairing and/ or serving on work groups that contribute to
preparation for accreditation visits
- Gathering and analyzing data related to course, curriculum and
program review to foster continuous quality improvement
- Serving as course coordinator, course lead or Subject Matter
- Documenting actions taken in faculty and committee meetings as
appropriate Professional healthcare practice ExpertiseComplete
other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- DVM degree or its equivalent required
- Master's degree or higher or certificate of post-graduate
clinical training preferred.
- Board certification in a clinical discipline or PhD
- Maintain current regulatory and practice credentials, when
appropriate, based on assignment.
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of
initiative and prudent judgment
- Must meet all compliance requirements as specified in the
- Minimum 5 years of fulltime teaching experience required or
minimum of 8 years clinical experience as a veterinarian or
experience in specialty area.
- Experientially prepared to teach assigned courses.
- For those working within the clinical setting, additional
compliance requirements may be required by regulatory
- Scholarship Requirements: Demonstrates scholarship congruent
with the level of rank.Activities that would be considered as
scholarship have three characteristics. Scholarship must be: 1)
made public, 2) open to critical review and evaluation by
knowledgeable peers and 3) accessible for exchange and use by
others.The Assistant Professor Faculty member is required to
demonstrate at least one example within one of the four following
focus areas of professional development and scholarship (detailed
examples of each rank are outlined in the faculty handbook for
- Scholarship of Discovery
- Scholarship of Integration
- Scholarship of Practice/Application
- Scholarship of Teaching and LearningRank is commensurate with
experience and academic qualifications.Additional InformationIn
support of the pay transparency laws enacted across the country,
the expected salary range for this position is between
$68,637.22and $165,568.47. Actual pay will be adjusted based on
job-related factors permitted by law, such as experience and
training; geographic location; licensure and certifications; market
factors; departmental budgets; and responsibility. Our Talent
Acquisition Team will be happy to answer any questions you may
have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary
requirements. The position qualifies for the below benefits.
Adtalem offers a robust suite of benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401k Retirement Program + 6% employer match
- Participation in Adtalem's Flexible Time Off (FTO) Policy
- 12 Paid Holidays
For more information related to our benefits please visit:
https://careers.adtalem.com/benefits.Equal Opportunity - Minority /
Female / Disability / V / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Keywords: Adtalem Global Education Inc, Atlanta , Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Small Animal Surgery, Education / Teaching , Stockbridge, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!