Assistant Professor - SOM- Medicine-Psychiatry Hospitalist
Company: Direct Jobs
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Discover Your Career at Emory University Emory University is a
leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts
world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the
future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity
and excellence of our academic community. Description Emory at
Grady Medicine-Psychiatry Hospitalist Job Description Role - The
Medicine-Psychiatry Hospitalist will be responsible for the
clinical care of patients admitted to the Medicine-Psychiatry Unit,
including admission, daily management, and discharge. Specific
- Review admission referrals to the unit, seek input from nursing
leadership and the MPU Medical Director when needed
- Act as the attending of record for MPU patients on their unit
- Perform admission evaluations, including documenting history
and physicals, when appropriate.
- Complete on-going subsequent inpatient care and document
- Perform discharge evaluations, discharge summaries, discharge
instructions and prescriptions, participate in transitions of
- Submit professional charges, billing to medical insurers.
- Request consultation from specialists and other disciplines, as
- Engage the multidisciplinary team in the overall patient care
plan and transitions.
- Ensure communication with patients and their families.
- Perform and receive handoffs to nighttime covering staff using
a structured handoff tool and providing anticipatory guidance.
- Provide evaluation and documentation related to involuntary
detention or commitment for mental health treatment, as
- Participate in patient safety, quality, and satisfaction
- Participate in MPU-specific committees.
- Participate in Peer Review of other MPU providers.
- Act as a representative of the unit to other services,
departments, and committees at the MPU Medical Director's request
Opportunities to teach medical students, residents, and other
learners Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture To ensure
the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is
required. For more information on the University and Hospital
policies and potential exemptions, please see our website. Emory
University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal
access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in
admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any
factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students,
faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University
programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination.
Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended,
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era
Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive
orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination,
equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is
committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of
its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination
policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring,
promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary
administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this
policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of
Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building,
Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone: 404-727-9867 (V) - 404-712-2049
(TDD). Emory University is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon
request. To request this document in an alternate format or to
request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department
of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Keywords: Direct Jobs, Atlanta , Assistant Professor - SOM- Medicine-Psychiatry Hospitalist, Education / Teaching , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...