Company: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description:You're Invited to Our On-Site Job Fair!Tuesday, May
10th 1pm-6pmMeet with Hiring Managers - On-the-Spot- Offers1291
Stanley Rd NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152
Are you looking for a supportive environment with the ability to
make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you enjoy
assisting in all aspects of classroom instruction and management?
If you answered YES, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced
Behavioral Health team!
Being a Teacher Assistant at Devereux has its Advantages.
You will work with other dedicated professionals who share your
passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- A rewarding experience helping individuals complete daily
activities and achieving long term goals.
- Working with a supportive team with an energized
- Opportunity to expand your existing teaching skills and grow
- Competitive salary, benefits and free lunch in our
cafeteria!This opportunity will be responsible for the following,
but not limited to:
- Protecting the health and safety of individuals served while
assisting with academic instruction and managing various
- Reading and implementing all individualized treatment
- Assisting in the planning of programming and is an active team
member in carrying out treatment goals.
- Participating as a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team and
maintains a team environment.
- Working with the individuals consistent with orientation,
ongoing trainings, program handbook, New Directions, and SPA
approved strategies.Devereux Ackerman Academy is a school serving
students in grades 6-12. Ackerman Academy is accredited by Cognia
(Formerly AdvancED). We provide a stimulating educational
environment for children and youth while they are receiving the
highest level mental health treatment. Our education personnel are
highly qualified and certified by Georgia Professional Standards
Commission. Many of our faculty and staff have multiple
certifications to include Special Education and other content
areas. Our classroom environment and instruction are designed to
meet the needs of diverse learners.
Keywords: Teaching assistant, paraprofessional, education, Title 1,
Behavioral Health, Mental Health, mentor, direct support,
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety
of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?Devereux is committed to
the health and safety of our staff. All Devereux centers have
formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored
to specifically address the unique aspects of communicable disease
prevention including COVID-19. We adhere to all mandates and
guidelines in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization and practice all
protocols that protect the health and safety of our staff. To learn
more of how Devereux is supporting and protecting our staff during
the pandemic, please visit https://jobs.devereux.org/#covid.
#sponsoredQualifications:EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is required,
preferably in education, human services or related field of study;
OR Four (4) years of direct experience in lieu of
education.EXPERIENCE: One (1) year experience in a residential
treatment facility or educational school setting preferred.
Experience with children and adolescents is preferred.
- Possess excellent facilitation skills, relationship management,
multitasking, written/verbal communication and organizational
- Be empathetic, a team player, creative and energetic;
Understand the theories of behavior management and positive
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children &
adolescents & the ability to represent yourself as a positive role
- Valid Driver's License and Satisfactory Drug Screen and
Background Check results.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to complete a two-week, paid new hire orientation
class; hours are approximately 8:30am to 5:30pm daily.
- Devereuxux requires all individuals interviewing for a position
involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a
screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate
boundaries between adults and children.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19
vaccine mandate requires all employees to be fully vaccinated on or
before March 15, 2022. If already fully vaccinated, you will need
to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved
medical or religious exemption prior to starting.
Keywords: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, Atlanta , Teacher Assistant, Education / Teaching , Kennesaw, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!