Middle School Teacher
Company: Ivy Prep Academy
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: The following
duties are representative for this position. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical
assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required
- Teach subject matter utilizing the course of study adopted by
the Board of Education, correlated with other appropriate learning
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual
student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in
translating lesson plans into productive student learning
experiences which best utilize the time available for
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support
equipment in student instruction.
- Control the storage and use of district owned property; make
minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to
achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the
classroom and on the school grounds.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student
- Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping
appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means
discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school
- Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in
academic and personal growth areas.
- Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Georgia
Professional Standards Committee.
- Conform to District policies, including attendance, absences
- Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job
- Administer and/or support the state and local standardized
testing processes and policies.
- Attends faculty meetings and training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate
- Required to attend meetings outside of the school day as
mandated. REQUIRED SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent preparation and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of and passion for the subject matter
- Effective classroom management
- Demonstrate professionalism EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Georgia Educator's Certificate preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 1+ Years' ExperiencePowered by JazzHRPxAwA73QCd
Keywords: Ivy Prep Academy, Atlanta , Middle School Teacher, Education / Teaching , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!