Marketing Proposal Lead
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION
Marketing Proposal Lead - Orlando, FL -- Atlanta, GA
Partners with marketing management, Market and Client Focus teams,
and Pursuit Champions to execute marketing activities that support
revenue growth. Serves as marketing lead across the
client-visibility-pursuit (C-V-P) lifecycle. Independently leads,
mentors, and manages other marketers. May serve as lead marketer
for the region's most complex pursuits (Super Strategic, Design
Build, etc). May assist in the day-to-day management of the
marketing team and/or direct reports, in coordination with
marketing management. -
Pursuits / Proposals
- Serves as a pursuit strategist and collaborative partner with
- May serve as Lead Marketer on the region's most critical
pursuits and other complex marketing deliverables (e.g.,
Design-Build and/or P3 efforts) without the need for day-to-day
supervision. Works directly with technical staff to prepare
proposal and interview materials, meeting required deadlines and
quality expectations. Ensures all sections include differentiating
win themes and that sections are compliant, timely, and well
written. Provides pursuit process leadership.
- Mentors and reviews proposal and interview deliverables of peer
and/or less experienced marketers. Coaches on best practices and
suggestions. Reviews/edits narratives for content clarity,
compliance, and key messages. Ensures successful transfer of
capture plan knowledge and win themes.
- Partners with marketing management in facilitating Capture
Planning sessions. Works with Pursuit Champions in monitoring
progress and execution of Capture Planning strategies, as assigned.
Communicates and elevates concerns and progress challenges to
marketing management, as necessary.
- Facilitates proposal strategy discussions for less experienced
marketers and technical practitioners. Identifies and communicates
win themes and approaches to win. Independently weaves win themes
into all proposal sections. Identifies how clients perceive VHB and
- May manage a marketing team, including hiring and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; coaching and
motivating; and addressing problems.
- Works with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials.
Ensures all materials are effectively communicating the strategic
vision identified for a given pursuit and align with VHB's
- Participates in professional and personal development aligned
with career goals.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable
federal, state, and local regulations and VHB policies and
- Participates in marketing and business development meetings.
Understands the Focus Forward Approach and marketing's role and
strategic partnership in its success to support revenue growth and
prominence in the market.
- Partners with marketing management to support execution of
Market and Client Focus Team strategies.
- Facilitates and leads Client Mapping and SWOT
- Understands Opportunity Pipeline concept and intended goals and
outcomes. In partnership with CRM Specialist and technical
partners, helps to manage and support positioning and messaging
around the Opportunity Pipeline.
- May participate in Go/No Go conversations. May serve as
marketing lead on Standard Pursuit Go/No Go conversations.
- Assists with the development and creation of the value
proposition and pre-sell pieces.
- Partnering with Regional Communication Specialist, helps to
develop and execute strategic visibility plans and tactics for
pre-award through post-award efforts as needed.
- May manage conferences and exhibits (e.g., development of
abstracts; e-blasts; social media; presentations; postcards; pre-
and post-conference meetings; timely follow-up with leads
generated). Offers recommendation on elevated conference
participation and activities, connecting them to pursuit
pre-positioning and prominence building goals (e.g., client contact
plans and networking opportunities, panel presentations and
Skills and Attributes
- Strong understanding of the AEC industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative
- Demonstrated commitment to quality.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research
- Team oriented with ability to perform multiple tasks
independently in a timely manner and collaborate effectively and
positively with coworkers.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
- Persuasive writing techniques.
- Ability to quickly and accurately edit and reformat documents
while under time constraints.
- Ability to adapt to and communicate changes with ease.
- Understanding of the critical position to win questions that
are discussed in Go/No Go conversations.
- Experience mentoring and leading/managing others.
- Involvement and certification in industry affiliations
preferred (e.g., CPSM, APMP).
- Skills and knowledge must be commensurate with required
experience and job level. -
- 8+ years of proposal, writing, or marketing experience in the
- BA in Marketing, English, Communications, or related
discipline; Master's preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office and Adobe
Creative Suite programs (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, InDesign,
- Highly detail oriented. Demonstrated commitment to
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects and meets
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred
WE ARE VHB! We're an inspired and innovative team of engineers,
scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the
transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries,
as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and
contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing
development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It's not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the
top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast.
We're growing and we hope you'll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc., Atlanta , Marketing Proposal Lead, Advertising , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!