Writer & Content Creator - AAR
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative
action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce
and complies with all Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations,
and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative
action. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of
race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex,
gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, or gender identity or expression. Emory Careers -
Writer & Content Creator - AAR in Atlanta, Georgia - Careers at
Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor Skip to Main Content Please Enable
Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate?
Log back in! Writer & Content Creator - AAR Job Number 66543 Job
Type Regular Full-Time Division Affiliated Organizations Department
American Academy of Religion This position may involve the
following Health and Safety issues: Not Applicable Job Category
Business Operations Location : Name Emory Campus-Clifton Corridor
Campus Location (For Posting) : Location US-GA-Atlanta Discover
Your Career at Emory University Emory University is a leading
research university that fosters excellence and attracts
world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the
future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity
and excellence of our academic community. Description The American
Academy of Religion (AAR) is a non-profit affiliate of Emory
University and is the largest scholarly society dedicated to the
academic study of religion, with more than 8,000 members around the
world. Our mission is to foster excellence in the academic study of
religion and enhance the public understanding of religion. Under
the direction of the Marketing & Communications Director, the
Writer and Content Creator will help advance AAR's mission to
foster excellence in the academic study of religion and enhance the
public understanding of religion. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Utilizes writing, copy editing, and storytelling skills in
combination with knowledge of marketing/public relations strategy
to execute high quality products.
- Writes AAR notices, public relations messaging, press releases,
promotional materials, direct member messaging, website content,
social media content, and other AAR advocacy communications.
- Collaborates with AAR leadership and staff to maximize the
quality and impact of materials through writing, editing, and
- Collaborates with Marketing & Communications Director and Chief
Public Engagement Officer to develop and execute a marketing
strategy that builds the profile of the AAR's mission and
- Proactively pitches stories of AAR's programs, initiatives, and
success to internal and external audiences including the
- Designs, implements, and manages storytelling devices to
promote the work and achievements of AAR members.
- Researches and reports on trends and changes in the academic
study of religion or the public understanding of religion of
interest to AAR members.
- Creates and manages a contact list of journalists, nonprofit
leaders, and possible strategic partners in related sectors.
- In collaboration with AAR staff and leadership, writes
promotional material for AAR events, advertising, videos,
merchandise, and programs.
- Monitors conversations and trends relevant to the academic
study of religion and theology, similar membership organizations,
higher education, and the intersection of religion and public life
for opportunities to proactively engage relevant audiences.
- Collaborates with freelance and third-party content creators on
- Works with senior leadership and takes the initiative, pitch
and write advocacy and/or op-ed articles, and fundraising
- Strategizes with staff and leadership to draft social media
content that supports the AAR's mission and programming.
- Creates, writes, curates, and edits staff copy for AAR
newsletters email campaigns that are published monthly and at other
- Copyedits content from other AAR units for publication on
- Enhances copy with visual design elements as well as ability to
illustrate statistics with graphic elements.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications Director to update
and post content to all AAR digital platforms as needed, managing
specific program and event communication.
- Manages and maintains the AAR's written style and brand style
guides. Creates and implements a system for maintaining AAR's
digital photo archive.
- Assists in managing AAR editorial and production
- Collaborates with others to plan, create, and develop content
for communications and marketing for the Annual Meeting.
- Works the Annual Meeting as assigned to support the successful
execution of the event.
- Stays abreast of industry trends in nonprofit marketing and
communications and suggests new approaches. Identifies
opportunities for process improvement and assist with implementing
- Coordinates and collaborates with the staff and leadership of
other departments as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required. MINIMUM
- A bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing,
public relations, or a related field, and three years of applicable
experience in writing and/or editing publications, news stories
and/or presentations for general audiences, OR an equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience.
- Daily journalism experience a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit or corporate communications strongly
- Knowledge of the academic study of religion and theology a plus
but not required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills applied to complex
issues, including an ability to comprehend, synthesize, and
summarize large amounts of information and focus quickly on the
essence of an issue.
- Demonstrated ability to research, write and convey complex and
fact-checked information in a variety of formats to a variety of
audiences (e.g., media professionals, scholars, donors, and other
- Must have content SEO experience. NOTE: This role will be
granted the opportunity to work from home temporarily during the
COVID-19 pandemic, with intent to return to an Emory University
location in the future. Emory reserves the right to change this
status with notice to employee Emory Supports a Diverse and
Inclusive Culture Emory University is dedicated to providing equal
opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of
race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic
information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not
discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on
the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable
law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in
University programs and in the use of facilities without such
discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order
11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and
applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations
regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative
action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse
workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal
opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of
employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers,
discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits,
and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to
the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman
Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322. Telephone:
404-727-9867 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon
request. To request this document in an alternate format or to
request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department
of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) - 404-712-2049 (TDD).
Please note that one week advance notice is preferred. Options
Apply Now Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?Connect with us for
general consideration! Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Atlanta , Writer & Content Creator - AAR, Advertising , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!