Life Underwriter (Remote or In-office)
Company: Catholic Order of Foresters
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Imagine a professional environment dedicated to serving Catholic
families by helping them achieve financial security. That's
Catholic Order of Foresters (COF). Our collaborative environment
and passion for service make COF a great place, not just to work,
but to build a career.
The Life Underwriter will evaluate life insurance applications to
assess the degree of risk to COF and make determination if risk
should be accepted, modified or declined, and provide to our agents
support related to the underwriting process through written and
- Evaluate applications for life insurance by using available
resources and guidelines to assess mortality and morbidity risk
while meeting the company's financial objectives.
- Possess broad knowledge of medical science, medical
terminology, treatments, and the ability to interpret complex
medical records, as well as non-medical and financial information,
as part of the risk assessment process.
- Be knowledgeable of MIB codes and procedures, legal and
regulatory factors affecting underwriting, contract provisions and
life insurance products.
- Making timely decisions and explaining your reasoning to our
agents so they can more easily communicate with their clients.
- Interact with management, sales, marketing, and agents to
proactively keep them informed, answer questions, solve problems
and build effective working relationships.
- Seek and accept opportunities for continued learning and
professional and personal growth.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by management.
Job Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and organizational
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to accurately
interpret large amounts of complex data in a timely manner.
- Experience using an underwriting system/workbench, underwriting
manuals, websites and other available tools.
- Ability to work independently in assessing risks, as well as
collaborating with others to assess facts and reach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives
- Work under pressure, use time efficiently and meet
- Must be proficient in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Remote Requirement: If working remotely, you must have a
dedicated work-space for confidentiality and ergonomic purposes as
well as adequate internet service that's able to handle processing
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 2 years Life underwriting experience.
- Experience working with independent life agents/brokers.
- Completion of LOMA 1 and 2 (level I) is desirable, working
towards AALU/FALU, or FLMI.
- New Business Case Management experience is a plus.
Because we care about our team members, we are pleased to offer the
Competitive pay, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision
insurance, Life insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Identity
Theft/Legal insurance, 401(k), Paid vacation and holidays, Tuition
Keywords: Catholic Order of Foresters, Atlanta , Life Underwriter (Remote or In-office), Administration, Clerical , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!