Regional Tax Partner
Company: Cherry Bekaert
Posted on: September 23, 2018
We seek an individual who will be responsible for directing and leading resource utilization and the client service delivery process for the Mid-South tax practice that serves mid-market businesses, entrepreneurs, privately owned companies, and publicly traded corporations. The regional partner will work through the tax partners and associates to coordinate service to clients throughout the region which includes offices in Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
In addition, he/she will serve as the lead Atlanta tax partner and as a relational partner to his/her own client base (approximately 850 charge hours). The role will involve assisting the tax partners with quality control; staff selection, scheduling, training, and development; as well as with developing the vision, strategies, and action plans to grow the practice and then drive such strategies and action plans for the practice to the desired growth and budget. While the role will leverage your management, technical, and client service skills, there is an expectation that you will also actively target, pursue, and win new client engagements on behalf of the firm.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- Must be CPA certified and have an active CPA license.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with a large local, regional or national public accounting firm.
- Execute the Firm's strategic plan with respect to the Mid-South tax service line, as well as supporting other leaders in their execution of the strategic plan.
- Ensure that tax services to clients are of the highest quality and that all Firm tax management, professional practice and business processes are consistently applied in the practice group.
- Manage tax profitability of the practice group, including (but not limited to) staffing levels, utilization, salaries, billing rates, realization, WIP, accounts receivable, and controllable expenses in order to meet or exceed budget.
- Develop the practice group's annual tax budget and manage results against the budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Consult and collaborate with Market Leaders on decisions impacting local markets.
- Consult and collaborate with other service lines (audit and advisory), Market Leaders, and Industry Groups to establish targeted revenue and growth goals for the practice as part of the annual budget and business planning process.
- Consistently grow the practice through expansion of services to existing clients and obtaining new clients.
- Recruit, develop and retain tax staff. Manage the staff performance evaluation and promotion processes to include recommending senior managers, to the Managing Partner of Tax Services, who should be admitted to partnership.
- Provide guidance and direction to Tax partners; review and approve goals and evaluate partner performance; recommend the"contribution level" placement and units for partners in the practice group.
- Ability to service middle-market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes.
- Candidate's strongest traits must be in management, client service, and business development.
Keywords: Cherry Bekaert, Atlanta , Regional Tax Partner, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!