Senior Accounting Manager - Compliance & Process
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Company Overview: ADT has been in the business of helping save
lives since 1874. As the smart home security provider in the U.S.,
we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger
commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced
technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services
that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your
business or on the go. And as times change, so do we. Above all,
our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living. Looking for
a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and
put purpose behind your paycheck. Check out more about life at ADT
here > Link Removed .Summary: The individual in this position
will work within the ADT Controllership team to help ensure that
accounting practices and procedures are executed in accordance with
the company's policy and framework for internal control over
financial reporting. Additionally, this individual will lead the
resolution of complex accounting issues by working cross
functionally across the organization to implement best practices or
respond to new business initiatives. This individual should have
advanced experience with Alteryx and Excel Power Query. Duties,
Responsibilities, and Qualifications:
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts to
ensure compliance with policy as well as lead the research and
resolution of questions and discrepancies.
- Liaise with internal and external audit functions regarding
internal control matters.
- Assist accounting team with maintenance and retention of
- Design/modify accounting processes to promote best practices or
in response to new business initiatives.
- Plan, organize, and lead cross-functional projects with
accounting impact that are broad in nature and require originality,
innovation, and/or ingenuity.
- Deliver high quality project results on time and on
- Possess a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and
procedures related to US GAAP and internal control over financial
- Lead process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency of
financial close and accuracy of financial accounts.
- Experience working with financial systems team and/or IT team
as well as large data sets to resolve accounting issues.
- Advance experience with Alteryx and Excel Power Query to design
and support business process automation initiatives.
- Ability to convert general data and findings into applied,
specific information and suggestions that add value.
- Present and articulate findings and recommendations to all
levels of management. Competencies:
- Accountability and drive for results - Ability to manage a
project from start to finish, and produce timely, high-quality
results with minimal direction.
- Change agent - Ability and readiness to embrace and
successfully drive/implement change.
- Functional/technical skills - Strong knowledge of US GAAP and
internal control over financial reporting.
- Process optimization focused - A visionary with ability to
develop practical solutions of complex issues.
- Problem solver - Ability to problem solve independently and
with others. Strong customer focus and collaborative skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or other
- Master's degree in accounting/business administration and/or
CPA license preferred. Experience:
- 5+ year's relevant professional experience preferably in an
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP and internal control over
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Self-driven and highly analytical.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Effective in complex, fast-paced corporate environment.
- Positive team player and business partner.
- Advanced knowledge of Alteryx, MS Excel (MS SQL preferred),
Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with large ERP Systems, Oracle Financials preferred.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary range for this role is $82,543
- $165,085 and is based on experience and qualifications. Certain
roles are eligible for annual bonus and may include equity. These
awards are allocated based on company and individual performance.
We offer employees access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and
company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, life
insurance, wellbeing benefits and paid time off among others.
Employees accrue up to 120 hours in their first year. Your accrual
rate increases after your first year. We also offer 6 paid
holidays. ADT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team
that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
ADT strives to ensure every employee and applicant feels valued.
Visit us at to learn more.
Keywords: ADT, Atlanta , Senior Accounting Manager - Compliance & Process, Accounting, Auditing , Atlanta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!